Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meatloaf muffins  (Read 1541 times)

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
Meatloaf muffins
« on: May 28, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »
A friend posted the other day about making mini meatloaf in a muffin tin.  I thought that would work well on the grill so I tried it tonight for a late dinner with my wife and what ended up being a 2nd dinner for my hobbit..er... Son. 

I started with a pound of ground beef from the local meat market.  I added crushed Doritos to the mixture

I added an egg, some dried onion, and some Weber Chicago seasoning and mixed it together in the bowl.  I portioned the mixture and placed them in the greased muffin tin. 

I set the performer up for indirect cooking and added a couple small chunks of pear wood for added flavor.

I hung some laundry on the line and didn't pay much attention to the time but I'll guess they cooked for about a half hour.  I probed them and read about 164 degrees.

I pulled the meat muffins from the tin, sauced them with some homemade No. 5 sauce and gave them a quick turn on the grill direct.

Off the grill:

And your plate with some homemade jambalaya I made yesterday.  Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Meatloaf muffins
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »
Dang if that don't look good!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:59:58 PM »
Nice looking loaves! I've found that once the loaf is formed and rested in the fridge, it holds together well on grill. You can probably form them in the muffin tin then put them straight on grate - lets smoke get to all the surface a little more evenly than in the pan.

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 03:56:48 AM »
I like the looks of this !!   also thanks @austin87 for the fridge insight.

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 05:44:03 AM »
Thanks.  I think I will make them more muffin like next time by starting with more ground beef.  My 4 year old was disappointed that he couldn't find any of the Doritos once they were cooked. 

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 07:21:45 AM »
That looks great.  Two things I really like......

1. the idea of everyone getting their own personal meatloaf (or two), the kids will love it
2. meatloaf only taking 30 mins or so instead of the 70-90 mins it usually takes for us to cook one

I will definitely be making this at some point.  Thanks for posting!
-Keith

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 07:38:31 AM »
Thanks.  I think I will make them more muffin like next time by starting with more ground beef.  My 4 year old was disappointed that he couldn't find any of the Doritos once they were cooked.

I feel for him......so do Craig & Troy, I'm pretty sure !!!!

Those look grate......even smaller than the personal sized ones I'll usually do........just a several bite size.....love it !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 05:00:15 AM »
Great idea, looks awesome!