Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza, pineapple, cebollitas, and hanging tenderloin.  (Read 1322 times)

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
Pizza, pineapple, cebollitas, and hanging tenderloin.
« on: May 16, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »
A little over a week ago I scored a great deal on a performer and rotisserie. The main motivation for settling on the deal was because Chris over at TVWBB let me know that I had won a kettle pizza pro 22 kit. My only kettle at the time was a 18" redhead.  The kit arrived Thursday and was christened today. 

The kit was well packed and arrived with no issues.

Fully assembled

For a variety of reasons both my wife and I have had more pizza this week than is humanly possible.  We talked about using the pizza kit instead to make naan, but ultimately decided to make pizza and supplement it with a complete dinner cooked on the performer.

I used the gas assist to light a mix of lump and kbb that came with the performer.  First on was the pineapple coated with brown sugar and cinnamon. Don't have any grilling photos but it was done direct got about 5 minutes.  Here's the final product.

Next up was the hanging tenderloin from a local meat market that raises animals locally and sustainably.

It was seasoned with Weber Chicago seasoning and also grilled direct for 6 minutes a side with cherry and pear wood for smoke.

My wife prepared the Cebollitas which are grilled green onions with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lime juice.

Finally on to the pizza. A moved the charcoal into a c orientation and added about 10 chunks of cherry and pear wood. I added more wood in the basket in the back of the prograte of the pizza kit. As I waited for the cooker to heat up the family and I made the first pizza.  We used store made dough pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. My 4 year old helped with the first one.

The pizza kit makes for some cool photos

The first one was challenging to turn as I think I put it too far back on the stone.  It came out great.  My son ate most of it and said it was the best dinner he's ever had.

The second pizza came out looking better but the dough was too thick.  I'm looking forward to making my own dough in the future.

Finally. Your plate. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
Re: Pizza, pineapple, cebollitas, and hanging tenderloin.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 04:49:46 PM »

Here's the first pizza. It's pic wasn't included in the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 05:26:43 PM »
Oh, wow...

I am salivating!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:44:45 AM »
Congratulations on winning a KP. The cook looks awesome.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:05:44 AM »
Awesome cook! I love grilled green onions and the hanging tender looks perfectly grilled. Congrats on the pizza kit too

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 09:20:37 AM »
Nice.

And someday I hope to live in a land where beef tenderloin is only $4.80/lb!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
Congratulations on the win there, everything look great!