Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mother's Day pulled pork  (Read 1405 times)

OnDaRocks

• Smokey Joe
Mother's Day pulled pork
« on: May 11, 2015, 04:04:05 AM »
Saturday the rud down at about 3:00 pm sorry no pic of that was in a rush. Had a crawfish boil to be at. Crawfish boil ran longer than expected. Got home setup the pit and fired them up sorry didn't not take pics before the cook I was kinda rushing to get them going. Ran 8 hrs @220-260 with Jack Daniels whisky barrel chips for smoke. Got them on at about 10 pm. And it began a night of hour naps in between checking pits. Finally 6 am internal temp 190 pork is done. Double wrapped in foil into pan and into 200 degree oven to hold temp until lunch. As tender as Moma's love. Turned out really good moms and grandmaws loved it. Successfully Mother's Day celebration.
-hot grills and smokin' good food
22" black One Touch Sliver x 2

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mother's Day pulled pork
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »
Look at that smoke ring! Hot stuff!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:11 AM »
A 2-banger !!!!

Done that a bunch.....I just stick 'em on & the dawgs wake me up once in the middle of the night to check, so maybe get (or train existing ) dawg to help get more sleep !!!

Hyper-juicy & great lookin' bark you got there......WELL DONE !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

OnDaRocks

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
Thanks....and hindsight 20/20...I could have just got up once halfway through to check but it was my first over night cook...lesson learned next time I will get more sleep..but I do have to say it was well wroth it.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
Yeah, that's extra nice how it turned out !!!

You can trust the cookers to be more consistent than you 1st think.....get the hang of setups & they tend to just chug along without a lot of fiddlin' !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

OnDaRocks

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
Yeah the bad thing is I have done a lot of cooks before and I know how my pits run ???...it was just my first over nighter I guess in the back of my mind I thought the Yard Gnomes were gonna kick my pits over :o LOL   

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »
Looks perfect , well worth all the hard work :)

I bet the crawfish boil wasn't half bad  either :). I'd love to have some crawfish shipped here one of these days,  of course those are on a long list of things I want to cook :)

" Esto Perpertua "
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

OnDaRocks

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »
Crawfish are always good I don't think I could make it with my crawfish....they do have a company that ships crawfish all over USA http://www.cajuncrawfish.com/index.php 

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
Awesome job!!   

Thanks....and hindsight 20/20...I could have just got up once halfway through to check but it was my first over night cook...lesson learned next time I will get more sleep..but I do have to say it was well wroth it.

Sorta like the 1st baby - darn kid rolls over and you go check on it :o ..... after the 3rd they gotta hit you with a pillow to wake you up!! >:(
It's all in the "fun" of doing it ..... I can't believe how "excited" I get planning the next cook!!  What's up with that??!!

Bottom line is good eats!!