Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken on a Ferris wheel  (Read 1936 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Chicken on a Ferris wheel
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:05:44 PM »
 I did some chicken on the Rib-o-lator on the Roti!  I marinated the chicken in Teriyaki sauce and serrano honey flavored balsamic vinegar over night. I used Royal oak lump and it i got it to work quite well (i have struggled with it before) it was breezy and i used fuel quite fast.

On the ferris wheel!

and done!

It was juicey and the flavor was very good, i think i could of put more of the serrano honey balsamic vinegar in as i didn't notice it.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chicken on a Ferris wheel
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
The color looks pretty rich......that concoction sounds like it would be pretty zippy, but maybe sweet cancels hot cancels acidic?

Bump up the amount of one of the three & see what happens?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 08:29:14 PM »
The color looks pretty rich......that concoction sounds like it would be pretty zippy, but maybe sweet cancels hot cancels acidic?

Bump up the amount of one of the three & see what happens?
The balsamic vinegar is serrano honey flavored and was going for a sweet/spicy flavor combo and will need to up the serrano honey a bit as i didn't notice it.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 03:50:54 AM »
So did it cook hotter and faster than you expected, because of the extra air? Looks tasty from here.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »
I feel like vinegar in mairinades is really just for tenderizing and some flavor, but not the vinegar tang, as it usually cooks off. If you want vinegar tang then brush some sauce on right at the end of the cook or as the meat is resting.

Good looking food!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 02:10:16 PM »
That ribulator looks awesome!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 05:30:42 PM »
So did it cook hotter and faster than you expected, because of the extra air? Looks tasty from here.
I had everything wide open, i just think the one basket (downwind) burned out quicker and i lost heat.

That ribulator looks awesome!
I like it!

I feel like vinegar in mairinades is really just for tenderizing and some flavor, but not the vinegar tang, as it usually cooks off. If you want vinegar tang then brush some sauce on right at the end of the cook or as the meat is resting.

Good looking food!
The Balsamic vinegar has a serrano honey flavor that i was hoping would come through, but i don't think that i used enough.