Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1st cook on my performer  (Read 1125 times)

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
1st cook on my performer
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:19:03 PM »
Scored this Performer Silver at HD for $58, think the cover was $10.
BBQ system grates from Lowes,$14. Been itching to try this but up north, it has been snowy and cold. Used  Stubbs charcoal and Apple smoke chips about 400. Cooked 2 burgers too. First time I ever cooked a burger on charcoal! I was a virgin lol. Been cooking pork butts, turkey,brisket and ribs  since last spring in my 1st and old charcoal grill.

Going to start to store done things outside so I bought a tote. Wooden handle on the top, we all know where that one came from. Thanks Brian  8)

I injected some wings with Apple juice was hoping to get them juicey but after they were done I don't think it did anything. I tend to this with pork and did it with hot sauce in wings before.

Indirect heat since I didn't want to burn them. Put some veggie oil on them and sprinkled some rub

Came out nice looking and were crispy. I ended up putting more rub on since it was not over powering to begin with.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: 1st cook on my performer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:25:47 PM »
That's an AWSOME deal on the Performer Silver. Wings look real good too.

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 05:28:26 AM »
Did you say $58 for a new Peformer from HD?? Was it a scratch and dent sale or something?

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:04:20 AM »
Ya $58. I think the one with the bigger table, non gas assist was $70.I went to like 4 depots until I got it. Was a big thing, they were unloading the old asked. 18 OTS was $20. I could of got one but it was black.was US wide, I heard about it ono slick deals. 2 months ago.month ago they had the fish basket, gloves, tools.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:24:27 AM »
Wow that is a smoking deal! I'm going by my HD today to check on those prices!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk