Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first BBQ'd meatloaf  (Read 1489 times)

Sauce

• Smokey Joe
My first BBQ'd meatloaf
« on: March 29, 2015, 08:54:48 AM »
Been wanting to try this for a long time, finally tried it last night.
I used our standard meatloaf recipe

The only thing I added was about a tablespoon of A1 to the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and redewine vinegar topping. On it goes to the Jumbo Joe with a very small amount of smoke wood.

Out of the cooker and under the broiler for 2 mins, as the topping didn't caramelize in the cooker.

Plated with mashed taters, corn and grilled onions.

Had a great grilled, smoke flavor. Good thing I went very light on the smoke wood, as it was pronounced, but not too strong.
Hopefully my next pics will be of grub cooked on the blue performer I'm waiting to pick up!  8)

Sauce
'07 WSM 18.5", '15 Blue Performer Deluxe, '07 Genesis E-310 gasser, Jumbo Joe, Go Anywhere charcoal.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: My first BBQ'd meatloaf
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:40 AM »
... I used our standard meatloaf recipe ...

This is excellent advice for anyone trying something on the grill. You want to eliminate variables and assess what the grill does to the outcome.

... Had a great grilled, smoke flavor. Good thing I went very light on the smoke wood, as it was pronounced, but not too strong. ...

And now you know!

If I had a dollar for every time I decided never to do something in the kitchen oven I'd be rich.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »
Looks great!!
I know you'll never do it in the oven again :)
Congrats on your Blue Performer!!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:09 AM »
Nice !!!!

If the bottom got too juiced up from the juices cooking out, just stick it up on a small cookie rack....

That looks super.....the ground meat takes smoke like a bandit so good move going lite....I just had to up it & up it until I found where is "right"
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
I did one of these the other day and it came out great. I had some adult beverages and forgot to take any pics until I'd pulled it off. I formed it in a loaf pan sprayed with Pam then just turned the pan over on the grate and it slid right out. I wanted to get smoke on all 4 sides. Will definitely never be doing one in the oven again!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:52:48 PM »
Looks yummy! 8)