Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **DIY Vortex**  (Read 8221 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**DIY Vortex**
« on: January 31, 2015, 07:37:12 PM »
Stainless steel Vegetable pan from Business Costco

Cut bottom off, large opening cut to 5" leftover ring is 4 1/4"

Absconded the wifes poultry setter with drip pan and set inside the cone. Briqs contained by a 22" WSM charcoal ring and fired off with the torch. Mojobricks Hickory Qubes for smoke.

Lid on the Performer it ran a steady 350* for @90 minutes.

It works!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: **DIY Vortex**
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:47:51 PM »
Took the smaller ring and inverted it inside the 18.5" Cajun Bandit conversion and fired up a small load of Lazarri Mesquite lump inside it and set some wing sections around the perimeter of the grate and cooked them indirect at 375* @ 35 minutes, flipping once. Small chunk of Pecan placed over cone for smoke.

It works too!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 09:14:45 PM »
I like.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:03:45 AM »
+1. I need one. I think I'll chop up a large chimney.

I like the pic with the wings. That setup looks pretty versatile.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 07:18:05 AM »
+1. I need one. I think I'll chop up a large chimney.

I like the pic with the wings. That setup looks pretty versatile.

I forgot to mention, this cost $8.79

You could get banned for destroying a Weber chimney!

just sayin'!