Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: teriyaki sausage stuffed mushroom/604's sausage bacon & cheese stuffed mushrooms  (Read 1987 times)

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
After a talk with SixZeroFour I was salivating for sausage stuffed mushrooms. I had honey garlic sausages in the freezer but wanted a little more to the filling than just a sweet sausage. I doctored 3 sausages with soy sauce, roasted ginger, mustard powder, black pepper, chili flakes and green onions then left it in the fridge over night.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting stems removed, cleaned and washed.

Free Image Hosting stuffed.

Free Image Hosting 15 briquettes in the vortex and a piece of oak hovering above.

Free Image Hosting a couple of pieces of pecan bark for the last 15 minutes

Free Image Hosting
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:31:11 PM by AcrossFromHoss »
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Re: teriyaki sausage stuffed mushroom
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »
Awesome cook!!!
I love stuffed mushrooms. I have not done them in a while and yours made me want to cook some soon :)

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »
Awesome cook!!!
I love stuffed mushrooms. I have not done them in a while and yours made me want to cook some soon :)

Thanks, I look forward to seeing yours. They are a great little vessel for filling.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 06:39:24 PM »
The fun part about things like these is that the mushrooms contain so much moisture you have to really try hard to dry out the meat.....I've goofed them a few times, but man, mostly that's a winner of a dinner !!!

Yours look just grand !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 01:24:36 AM »
I got your PM to come over AFH but the wife had me tied up....that sounds wrong....but in this case wrong is right. They look good...bet they were great.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »
Too funny AFH! After our little stuffed mushroom brainstorm session I actually did the same thing! ;D lol

Rather than start a new post I will just threadjack into yours if that's cool :) My mushrooms are nowhere near as fancy as yours which look and sound amazing! Mine were real simple - cheese in the bottom, Johnsonville mild sausage, bacon bits, and SSSM dusted...

I also made up some burgers for good measure. There was leftover sausage so I mixed it in (2 parts ground beef to 1 part sausage), added a touch of onion and seasoning and then onto the performer.

Extra sharp cheddar on a Pretzel Bun of course! ;)

Great cook Ryan! And sorry you missed out Hoss ;)

Take care guys,

Six

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »
Mmm, I need to do some stuffed mushrooms!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »
Those look plenty fancy to me and good call on the burgers to use the extra meat. Those pretzel buns look just perfect next to a pile of your stuffed mushrooms. Heck of a cook up there.

MossyMO

• WKC Brave
    • Owens BBQ
Both stuffed mushroom cooks look great, love the indirect work with the Vortex!