Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Latest Project: SS Super Smokey Mountain  (Read 14568 times)

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
My Latest Project: SS Super Smokey Mountain
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2017, 08:21:15 PM »
Turn it over!

Are you saying that will solve the lid for issue?! But will it seal correctly at the kettle level?[emoji848]

Can someone check for me?  If it does fit,  I see only the grill mounts being the issue (upside down) and will have to be turned right side up.  That and the door[emoji16]

@kettlebb yes I will use the modified middle only on the ssp kettle...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:24:09 PM by mrgoodbar67 »
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
Re: My Latest Project: SS Super Smokey Mountain
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2017, 10:56:12 AM »
OK, I went out and cleared the snow off the wsm.  It fits perfectly on the bowl of my performer.  You would have to relocate the brackets.  The door would be upside down.  The kettle lid sort of fits but would fit better if you trimmed 3/4" off the top of center section.  I feel you would be better served using the Cajun Bandit 22" conversion.  It comes with grates and charcoal basket.
Good Luck!
Burnin' Charcoal and Black Powder

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
Or... A craigslist wsm.
Burnin' Charcoal and Black Powder

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:18 PM »
i was hoping to keep it all weber like Jeff did by using the WSM middle, etc....  But it appears to involve too much just to have the kettle lid fit the WSM middle.

I was trying to avoid this (not really bc i like projects) but I might have to mod a 120 quart stock pot to use as a smoker on my 22 in SSP kettle.   The top will fit without mods, i believe.

Ill just purchase the grate brackets and water pan for the 22 in WSM from ereplacementparts.com and use them on the mod'd stock pot And since i wanted a door, ill cut that out and use the cajun door and accessories.

Hope this doesn't cost too much.

Thanks for the help fellas
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods