Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chilaquiles and Turds  (Read 1078 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Chilaquiles and Turds
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »
 Basically corn tortillas in a roasted tomatillo sauce , served as breakfast in Mexico , I make it for dinner. Made some snacks for the chef !

You must use corn tortillas not flour .

Grill about 2 pounds of tomatillos , along with half a white onion, clove of garlic and a couple chilies, serranos or jalepenos, brush with oil and sprinkle with salt Grill until soft , cool and place in blender , mix until it's slightly chunky .

They couldn't even wait to let me melt the cheese on those turds, glad I got a couple :)

We made  chips in the oven , cut tortillas into small triangles (bite size) and bake at 300 until crisp , can do them on the grill too, but I was also prepping a pork shoulder so I cut corners .

Heat a little oil in a Dutch and pour your tomatillo mixture in , add two cups broth and simmer until hot .

To serve add a few handfuls of chips to the pot of sauce , let them soak up the juice to your liking , for more of a crisp bite not very long for softer leave them in longer . Spoon on a plate and add Mexican cheese , cilantro , red onion,  more cheese and then some Mexican sour cream

For breakfast you can top with eggs , for dinner you can add some pulled pork.

This dish is so many things and packed with flavors from smokey to tangy , it's killer .

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

salad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Chilaquiles and Turds
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
Legit!  I love Chilaquiles!  I haven't had it in literally years.  I used to do a breakfast version w/ chorizo and egg.  So good!
WTB 18 fruit

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 06:19:14 PM »

Legit!  I love Chilaquiles!  I haven't had it in literally years.  I used to do a breakfast version w/ chorizo and egg.  So good!

It's cheap and easy man ! Do it ....:)

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 03:26:38 AM »
Looks awesome!!
That would a perfect snack when football starts :)