Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: kettle fried chicken, mashed potatoes & biscuits with raspberry jam  (Read 1480 times)

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
We were planning on going out to Mexican tonight, but it just didn't feel right on Memorial Day. So on the way home from Home Depot, I stopped by the grocery store and picked up some Dixie Fry.  I've never attempted kettle fried chicken before, but thought it looked good from the photos of members who have cooked it and posted pics the past couple of weeks.

There's not much to it with the version I did anyway. I grabbed some drumsticks and thighs. Whisked up a few eggs, dipped the chicken in, and then into the bag of Dixie Fry (shake and bake style). I was probably running about 350 to 375 on the kettle for an hour and fifteen minutes. I brushed a little vegetable oil a couple of times throughout the cook along with flipping them.

We added mashed potatoes and some biscuits with raspberry jam and butter to finish things off.

Happy Memorial Day, and thank you to all of you that have served, and to those that gave their lives so we can enjoy the freedoms we have today.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Man that chicken looks good.  Hope my first attempt is as beauty as that.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
You guys keep posting these pictures of kettle fried chicken...looks awesome.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
That plate up looks pretty dang inviting.......good stuff!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Thanks guys. It was really good. One thing I forgot to mention that probably was pretty significant was I lubed the grates real good with vegetable oil and didn't have any problems with the chicken/crust sticking.