Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2nd Annual WKC Chicago meet up  (Read 64387 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: 2nd Annual WKC Chicago meet up
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 02:22:56 AM »
Geez, now I need to rent a bigger truck when I move!  ;D

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 03:54:24 AM »
Don't be giving away those door prizes until I get done with my exams! Raffle???
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2014, 06:52:08 AM »
In case anyone needs another reason to come down here, I just secured a deal with another club member, and it turns out that the door prize grill will be................A FLATTOP 26" BROWNIE!   No shit.  So if you're on the fence about stopping in for the Chicago meet up, clear your schedule now.....there may be more stay tuned...

Awesome.

You guys are putting together a fantastic meet up.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2014, 03:28:04 PM »
Count Cindy and me in. Let me know if I can bring anything.
kettles, smokers...

Brickout

• WKC Brave
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »
So I'm going to try and make this event. Since this is my first time going to one of these, what's the protocol? Bring something to eat and/or cook? Bring my grill to show or use? I have my SS Performer that I restored plus my parents 1970 red that I just cleaned up.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »
Okay, here's the plan.  I'll cook some hot dogs and some burgers.  I'll provide some pop and water.  You bring anything you want to cook, maybe your favorite thing.  You don't need to bring anything to cook if you don't want to.  You can bring your favorite grill or grills to show off.  I'll certainly have plenty of grills to cook on.  So you can cook on one of mine, or cook on your own.  It's very laid back, no hard rules.  Just show up, and get to know the guys... it's always fun to show off your favorite grills if you cram them in the car then bring them out....We'll see you here...
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2014, 06:11:50 PM »
So I have some potential good news for those of you coming to the Chicago Weber meet up at Brian's
There's a fair chance that Kevin Kolman from Weber will be able to attend.  It's not 100% for sure, but he said he is going to try and be there.

For those of you that aren't familiar with Kevin, here's a little info about him!
http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/blog/authors/kevin-kolman
https://www.facebook.com/KevinsBackyard

Kettle collector AND cooker!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »
So I have some potential good news for those of you coming to the Chicago Weber meet up at Brian's
There's a fair chance that Kevin Kolman from Weber will be able to attend.  It's not 100% for sure, but he said he is going to try and be there.

For those of you that aren't familiar with Kevin, here's a little info about him!

son of a bitch.
if I wasn't so F'in poor I would be there in a heartbeat.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »
I want that jacket he has!  :o

I wish like hell I could be there. Unfortunately I'm in the Ozarks the following week and have to work the weekend of the meetup.  :-[

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2014, 02:55:01 AM »
You're the man Jeff! Is it proper to refer to Weber celebrities as a "score" if they come to a meetup? Maybe he'll bring his film crew and do an episode from Brian's back yard!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2014, 04:37:21 AM »

That would be great! I think it's terrific that Weber has someone like that whose job it is to help customers get the most out of their products. Very cool.

I have a black chef's coat that I use in colder weather so the image at the top of his blog resonates with me. ;) (I just need to get mine properly embroidered. ;D )
kettles, smokers...

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »
We should prob start decide what people want to cook....So if your cooking something let us know so we can plan accordingly

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2014, 12:35:45 PM »
I'm flexible (as long as you don't ask for lobster. Unless you supply the lobster. :D )

I was thinking about a mix of veggies. It seems like a lot of us enjoy cooking meat and not so many of us go nuts over vegetables. I think most of those attending will be thinking in terms of meat leaving the vegetable field open to me. ;D
kettles, smokers...

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »
I'm getting there later, around 5 or so. So...I probably won't be cooking anything. I'll bring some good beer for you guys instead.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »
I'm bringing some pulled pork we had left over on the 4th, and maybe some of those magic beans if I can freeze them in time before I snarf them all.  The mix is extraordinary. Wish I could do more, but I'm packing things up in Chicago at the moment. I will take lots of pics though, something I could barely do when we had the meetup here in PA.