Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I made Bacon wrapped poppers with Peanut Butter  (Read 5502 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
I made Bacon wrapped poppers with Peanut Butter
« on: April 19, 2014, 05:20:27 AM »
So I was inspired by cjm7171 and Buckie to try something I never thought I would.  I saw their post of jalapenos stuffed with peanut butter, a jam or preserve ( I used lilac jelly), and then wrapped in bacon.  I guess I had semi-successful results.  The flavor profile was all over the board as I thought it would.  It was good, but I think I will try this again with another filling.  At the Chicago meet, Ted B had made some stuffed with shrimp, and those were great.  I've seen Buckie make those too.  I've seen cream cheese used too.  What else has everyone tried with these?   Anyways, here are some photos!

Peanut butter in

Lilac jelly in

No No pup...burns going in, burns going out!

Weber room photo

String along kettle lights

Chuggin away!

The peanut butter started to melt out, so I had to prop them up quick.  All I had handy was my condiment rack.  It served the purpose!

All done, no plated pics...but these things were packin some SERIOUS heat!

I know we have a thread somewhere about how everyone lights their outdoor area, but I couldn't find it.  But anyways, it was dark by the time I finished.  Here is my area lit up.   Its bright like daytime with these lights!

Kettle collector AND cooker!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I made Bacon wrapped poppers with Peanut Butter
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:29:49 AM »

"I made Bacon wrapped poppers with Peanut Butter" 

You Did, didn't You ?

Good show !!!!!

Extra points for fragrant jelly, the drip save & tryin' it in the first place !!!!!

Try out the "End-Around Wrap" to keep the goods inside:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/'turd-wrapping/msg32093/#msg32093
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:52:43 AM »
For my very first try I tried to repeat some that 1Buckie did, cream cheese with blueberries, and the flavor was a total hit.
The execution on the other hand left a ton to be desired..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 11:37:20 AM »
For my very first try I tried to repeat some that 1Buckie did, cream cheese with blueberries, and the flavor was a total hit.
The execution on the other hand left a ton to be desired..

You'll get it, man.......just a few practice runs & all will be well........... ;D ;D ;D

Set 'em in at a bit higher heat, maybe 300....run a bit, add wood & let the temp drop & just go 'till they look right..... 8)

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »
Might give these a go soon, sounds great. I put the caps back on mine and wrap the bacon around the stem, sometimes I'll use a toothpick. This really helps hold the fillings in especially once the bacon starts hugging the peppers  ;D I usually fill with goat cheese and they are creamy dreamy...
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
Might give these a go soon, sounds great. I put the caps back on mine and wrap the bacon around the stem, sometimes I'll use a toothpick. This really helps hold the fillings in especially once the bacon starts hugging the peppers  ;D I usually fill with goat cheese and they are creamy dreamy...

Great idea with the cap going back on!

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »

Great idea with the cap going back on!

+1 on the caps. I'm going to try this tomorrow. We have stuffed jaleps with almost every meal I grill, usually filled with habanero pepperjack cheese.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:56:02 AM »
Ive been dying to do these, but my wife doesnt do anything that has heat. :(

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 05:13:42 AM »

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Mine either...wrap a few sprigs of asparagus with bacon for her, you'll get points for thinking of her and you'll get some tasty peppers. At least it works for me  ;D
WTB: Genesis Jr.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 06:22:06 AM »

Mine either...wrap a few sprigs of asparagus with bacon for her, you'll get points for thinking of her and you'll get some tasty peppers. At least it works for me  ;D

Use 'baby bells'..... they're small sweet peppers, same size & shape as jalapenos, but red, orange & yellow sweets......never even saw them in the store until I was LOOKING for them.....

Another way to do up jalapenos is soak them in Sprite (soda pop) overnite & it takes almost all the heat out & leaves the pepper flavor.........just pat them off w/ paper towels & fix up from there.......

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 06:23:51 AM »

Use 'baby bells'..... they're small sweet peppers, same size & shape as jalapenos, but red, orange & yellow sweets......never even saw them in the store until I was LOOKING for them.....

Another way to do up jalapenos is soak them in Sprite (soda pop) overnite & it takes almost all the heat out & leaves the pepper flavor.........just pat them off w/ paper towels & fix up from there.......

You da man!  I NEVER would have thought of that!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 06:46:51 AM »

who am I kidding......do a whole poblano, stuffed with the small end of a pork tenderloin & surrounded with green onion......

......or shrimp uprights....they'll never even notice the peppers.....

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 06:49:29 AM »
Cool! Thanks for the tips guys! I'll keep an eye out for baby bells...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 07:09:15 AM »

who am I kidding......do a whole poblano, stuffed with the small end of a pork tenderloin & surrounded with green onion......

I have stuffed poblanos with queso, frijoles, a meat (carnitas or pollo asado), and sometimes arroz, and wrapped in bacon.  Cook as normal then wrap in a tortilla.  Yum.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 07:41:30 AM »

I have stuffed poblanos with queso, frijoles, a meat (carnitas or pollo asado), and sometimes arroz, and wrapped in bacon.  Cook as normal then wrap in a tortilla.  Yum.

That's a good sounding set of of stuff G$ !!!!

I also used some of that shabu shabu cut ribeye that was so thin it couldn't be used to wrap, mushed it up w/ sauces & powders, loaded up & wrapped......

except for the bacon, an "all-beef 'Turd"