Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Snowy East Coast Salmon, again.  (Read 2158 times)

Bman

• WKC Performer
Snowy East Coast Salmon, again.
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »
I started to type Snowy as the subject title and East Coast Salmon already filled in.  Guess I've used this one before.  :)

Away we go.  Best use of a side burner I've used yet.

Baskets set up for indirect grillin'

Ol' school with the Red SS

While the grill comes up to temp, dinner is prepped

Apple chips for smoke and everyone in the pool

Same shot, but this was taken at 350 degrees.  The deeper red is more pronounced at 500 ish, but it's still a sight.

Shout-out for the new back-lit Thermapen!

Back on the kitchen counter

As Lampe says,,, Lets Eet!

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: Snowy East Coast Salmon, again.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »
And for dessert...

Fresh pineapple marinated in Whalers Rum

What else, but grilled...

Plated with leftover strawberries I jazzed up yesterday.  Valentines Day is officially over.  lol

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 03:44:04 AM »
Excellent!  Thats a good looking meal

What is it that grate/tray you cooked the food on?  I like the shape and built in handles.  Is it cast iron?  I use the cooking grate out of my Q100 on top of the charcoal grate on occation when I need the slots closer together, but that looks like a better solution.
-Keith

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:52 AM »
Interesting idea smoking the avocado. We love avocados here so I'll have to try that sometime.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:23 AM »
Excellent!  Thats a good looking meal

What is it that grate/tray you cooked the food on?  I like the shape and built in handles.  Is it cast iron?

It came with the Blue SS I scored last spring.  A couple pics of it here
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/blue-ss-and-a-few-questions/

It's got a manufactures tag which says GRIFFO PRODUCTS and I found this article from 1998
This year the new Mark series of Griffo-grills are also available. These are made of perforated stainless or black enameled steel and thus are easier to clean. These models come in a rectangle, 12 by 16 inches, or in a half-round, 18 by 11 inches, to fit a kettle grill. They are $35.95 and sold by the manufacturer.

Interesting idea smoking the avocado. We love avocados here so I'll have to try that sometime.

This was a trial run and the first time I've done avocado ont he grill.  I gave a squirt of lime juice and sprinkled with kosher salt.  They were really creamy and (duh) warm, but didn't have a WOW factor.  I'll absolutely do them again, but a different method.  Maybe grilled over direct heat?  Maybe a scoop of brown sugar in the core?

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:43 AM »
This was a trial run and the first time I've done avocado ont he grill.  I gave a squirt of lime juice and sprinkled with kosher salt.  They were really creamy and (duh) warm, but didn't have a WOW factor.  I'll absolutely do them again, but a different method.  Maybe grilled over direct heat?  Maybe a scoop of brown sugar in the core?

I always do avocados direct. Peel side first, then cut side down for the grill marks. Stick a tortilla chip in for presentation. Not sure about "wow", but they come out great. The grilling also softens them up if they're still a little too firm.

Your pineapple looked great to. It's the only way I serve it now. My wife loves it that way.

Dude, relax your chicken.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Only 2 days later, and same basic cook, so I added it here...

Used the gasser last night, but it's back to the SS for tonight.  Using the Blue as I'm on the deck.  (Red is below)

Squash in the foil pan w/ butter & brown sugar and a salmon fillet.

Last minute decision to add some broccoli (I love that crap!)

Quick.  Easy.  Tasty!

EVOO & Weber's Mango Lime seasoning.  Good stuff on fishy

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01:30 PM »
Man that seasoning blend looks gooood.   ;D

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:08:21 PM »
Chad, amazing looking salmon! The rest looks great too. Excellent photography as well.
Kettle collector AND cooker!