Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mothership II has left the building....(pic medium)  (Read 7203 times)

G

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mothership II has left the building....(pic medium)
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 04:34:06 AM »
+1 for Zav being correct.  Having spent several hours on the mothership, I believe the peach/pink color is the original porcelain.  I always thought the sun and 50+ years of intense heat from cooking faded the original color.  The rim of the lid (where the darker red is visible) probably got much less heat and was covered by multiple layers of paint, thus preserving that longer.  However, someone could have sanded it.  There were at least three distinct layers of paint (black, grey, and brick red) that were removed but there could have easily been more.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 05:24:04 AM »

It's totally different.  I could scrub it right off if I wanted to ....

So based on what your saying, should I happen across a Wood Dale/MTH some day I should watch it on the 0000 steel wool treatments?

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 06:05:19 AM »

It's totally different.  I could scrub it right off if I wanted to ....

So based on what your saying, should I happen across a Wood Dale/MTH some day I should watch it on the 0000 steel wool treatments?

For sure no steel wool, at least on the ones I have.....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 10:11:02 AM »
Thanks for the assurance Brian and Stu. I am looking forward to getting to work on this WKC legend now. By the way, look at my post number 6999! I think the next one really needs to count. I just might make "Animal" soon. :D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:12:44 AM by Duke »