News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Performer/ Platinum Swap

Started by Hogsy, September 04, 2012, 02:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsy

I've got a 2006 black Performer which i love except its black and there's a 2000 blue Platinum for sale not far from me. I went and had a look at it today and although its been living out in the elements, its in pretty good shape. So i was thinking about buying the Platinum and swapping kettles with the Performer. Just wondering if this will work before i go and buy it? And any mods i'd have to do to get it up and running
Cheers
Joel
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

zavod44

They bolt right into each others cart, the only issue would be is there's a hole in the performer bowl for the burner tube, and there isn't a hole in the platinum.  I'm actually gonna try to retro fit one of my kettles in Mesa Azul with the performer burner.  I'll just need to put a hole in the side of the kettle for the tube,

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Heyjude

I would think seriously about trying to drill the hole. Its not just a small little hole. It also not round, its more oval. Not saying that it can't be done. Do you really need the propane start?
Other than drilling the 3 holes, its a perfect swap.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Hogsy

I love the gas assist and I love a challenge
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

zavod44

Oh I'll bore a hole in the grill.  You don't have any blue performer bowls lying around do you?   ;)

Brian

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X