Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: CGA Charcoal Divider  (Read 730 times)

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
CGA Charcoal Divider
« on: June 11, 2023, 02:58:09 PM »
I took a page from @NL_Weber_fan ‘s book and made a divider for my CGA.  By luck, the center slot lines up with the center bar of the grate that I cut into sections previously (to fit inside for travel).  Because of that, really don’t need to do the center notch like he did.  Always nice when something works out with a little good luck.

What I really need though is a SS split grate.  Took too long deciding on KillaGrilla and no more left there.  Anyone else sell split (or whole) SS cooking grates for the CGA?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
Re: CGA Charcoal Divider
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 03:04:19 PM »
Bonus, one small chimney full fits perfectly in the divided space.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 04:45:48 PM »
Nice work!  I was looking that those KG grates a few weeks back and also waited too long.  I really don’t use a GA enough to justify the purchase.  My solution is to clean the stock grates every time without fail and keep the salt off of them which is what really kills them in the long run.

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 10:36:37 AM »
Nice idea!  I have a GA sitting on top of basement fridge that I don’t use but it is packed for camping with needed supplies and a cut grate. Okay, I’ll work on using it. Thanks for the good setup idea!