Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Cooks From the Past Thread  (Read 3723 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Weber Kettle Cooks From the Past Thread
« on: April 26, 2022, 05:51:19 AM »
With many new members in the club who may not have seen our cooks from the past, I thought I'd start a thread to share these.  My Google photos page gave me the idea since I can quickly scroll down on the right side and see what I was cooking on this date one, two or three years ago or even further back if I want.  I hope to see your cooks from the past!

I'll start with a rotisserie chicken cook from last year almost to the day 4/25/21........This cook utilized a 1975 red Weber kettle with Weber rotisserie and the 1978 Weber Chocolate kettle was there for table / chimney duty.  I used my Meater+ probe for temp stats as it's wireless and works great on a roti.  Hope you all enjoy.....

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Kettle Cooks From the Past Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 10:39:32 AM »
Sausages and rice cook from 2 years ago inspired by Matt @inkaddictedchef1 and was my first cook on my '78 Brownie.  It's ready to go for tonight's cook as well!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 03:12:29 AM »
First brisket cook ever August 2014 on the only kettle I owned at the time, I have done a few since then and own a few more grills as well
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 03:32:44 AM by JEBIV »
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 03:52:05 AM »

First brisket cook ever August 2014 on the only kettle I owned at the time, I have done a few since then and own a few more grills as well

Awesome, that brisket looks huge!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 01:37:50 PM »
One year ago this week.....Big ole wings and poppers cook  - probably the most wings I've ever done at once.  Red Custom LE did the wings, Charger Blue OTP did the poppers.  I remember these going really fast.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 06:25:30 PM »
WRK Gator cook, February, 2021

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 06:27:39 PM »
Cool throwback picture Joe!

Cheers

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 06:36:01 PM »
Dude, relax your chicken.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 06:11:01 AM »
Cool throwback picture Joe!

Cheers
Thanks, I had no idea what I was doing, but it was my birthday so everyone liked it LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 08:07:50 AM »
Filets on the Woodard/JJ combo….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 06:21:36 AM »
Continuing the thread, this cook was about one year ago, first ribs on my Glen Blue and my first time ever cooking on a Gourmet.  I witnessed the color change from bright mustard yellow to almost a dark orange color which was pretty cool - pictures don't do it justice.  I used the corn n tater ring that @AZ2FL gave me and it worked great!  Also got out my Weber Lunettes for the fun of it.....

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 08:23:52 AM »

talk to me about that gator!I’ve been wanting to do one…..but not quite ready to pull the trigger.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2022, 08:44:44 AM »

talk to me about that gator!I’ve been wanting to do one…..but not quite ready to pull the trigger.

Terry here is the link to the Gator cook.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=47803.0

I paid about $320 for a 22 pound farm raised gator. You could easily smoke a 10 pound gator in your SF.

https://bigpopslagator.com/shop-now/#!/c/0/offset=9

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2022, 08:52:55 AM »
Continuing the thread, this cook was about one year ago, first ribs on my Glen Blue and my first time ever cooking on a Gourmet.  I witnessed the color change from bright mustard yellow to almost a dark orange color which was pretty cool - pictures don't do it justice.  I used the corn n tater ring that @AZ2FL gave me and it worked great!  Also got out my Weber Lunettes for the fun of it.....

I love yellow kettles when they blush.

Glad you could use the C&T ring, it was collecting dust in my garage. You also received a free black 22" kettle lid too Haha

FYI Publix now sells Little Sumpin' in 12 packs for $18.99

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 11:12:45 AM »

I love yellow kettles when they blush.

Glad you could use the C&T ring, it was collecting dust in my garage. You also received a free black 22" kettle lid too Haha

FYI Publix now sells Little Sumpin' in 12 packs for $18.99

Cheers
That's good news Robert, 6 packs went up to 11.99 here.....

I forgot about that bowl.... I remember it was a bowl because one of the leg sockets was removed with a grinder lol.... Good beer in that bowl too!