Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Q Fascination  (Read 47041 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Weber Q Fascination
« on: April 15, 2022, 05:57:45 AM »
In checking the daily FB marketplace ads I've been seeing quite a few Weber Q series grills for sale - most are over $100 and up to $300 with carts.  I have 3 of these, all purchased used locally - two were $30 - one came with a cart and the other was never used and I paid $80 for it.  I really like the little grills but don't use them very much as I'm usually wanting some charcoal taste.  I was wondering if anyone here also keeps one or two of these around for quick cooks or for travelling.  They're not particularly easy to carry and load as they take up much more room than a GA or SJ and are fairly heavy due to the cast iron grates they come with. 

Anyway, I thought I'd start a thread for us to share some pictures of our Qs and cooks on our Qs for anyone that has them or likes them.  Here's a few of mine.......And the cart on the red Q2100 is new - a Christmas gift from my mother in law.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 05:59:36 AM by bamakettles »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Q Fascination
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 06:15:40 AM »
I'm Qless, or I would participate LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 06:19:02 AM »
I actually laughed out loud on that one LOL....

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 06:20:56 AM »
I actually laughed out loud on that one LOL....
Thought you might like that one
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 06:26:46 AM »
Funny, I recall being on SGI (St. George Island) where we vacation a few years back - before my Weber addiction began - and saw our next door neighbor grilling on this gas grill that was blue and some strange shape that I'd never seen before.  We were in row houses that were pretty close together and I noticed that the grill fuel source was a propane cannister.  I was a charcoal snob though and wondered what the heck this guy was doing on his deck with it...."Can't get any flavor out of that" I thought and I actually made a little fun of him for using a gas grill that looked like an oblong flying saucer. 

I've since grown to appreciate Weber gas grilling technology since discovering the 90s / early 2000 genesis models and I do like my Qs and GGA that's admittedly only cooked burgers once for us.  I guess I just like anything Weber - especially when they come in multiple colors!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 06:31:22 AM »
I have 1 Q1200 bought for camping.
It works well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 06:37:08 AM »
I have 1 Q1200 bought for camping.
It works well.

Looks super versatile for camping, especially the height of the stand.  I like the pancake griddle you have, fits perfectly.  Nice looking cooks!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 07:19:50 AM »
It is good for camping and quick cooks at home. The griddle is meant for the gbs, but it just fits in the Q. We mainly used an 18 with a Hunsaker griddle the first year having our camper, last year the Q. This year, I am planning on using both.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 07:24:47 AM »
It is good for camping and quick cooks at home. The griddle is meant for the gbs, but it just fits in the Q. We mainly used an 18 with a Hunsaker griddle the first year having our camper, last year the Q. This year, I am planning on using both.

Two are better than one!  Last year I hauled my 26" and JJ to the beach......

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 07:42:53 AM »
I recently gave away my gas grill because my buddy gave me an offset. I don’t really have space for a normal gas grill. The Q is an intriguing solution for quick home cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 03:03:18 PM »

Just bought a brand new JJ today.  But your 26er is a work of art

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2022, 03:05:03 PM »

I recently gave away my gas grill because my buddy gave me an offset. I don’t really have space for a normal gas grill. The Q is an intriguing solution for quick home cooks.

I will willingly admit to being a Genesis snob (after being a charcoal snob), but the Q has me intrigued.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 03:52:58 PM »

Just bought a brand new JJ today.  But your 26er is a work of art

Thanks Matt, “Marilyn” comes to the beach with us each year.  It’s work, but she’s worth it.  : )

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2022, 03:55:05 PM »

I will willingly admit to being a Genesis snob (after being a charcoal snob), but the Q has me intrigued.

I’ve been cooking on a Q2200 since last Friday.  Kitchen renovation underway and no time for charcoal.  I’m really appreciating the ease of cooking on it.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2022, 06:58:17 AM »
I have a Q200 series that we bought when the kids were little. It was the star of many camping trips, club ball weekends, and parties at the city park.
It hasn't been used in a few years now, but I will hang on to it.
The Q heats up fast and is easy to clean. The burner tube is exposed under the grate, so occasional maintenance of the orifices is necessary.

$0.02
A bunch of black kettles
-JC