Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Baskets for my 22  (Read 642 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Baskets for my 22
« on: February 02, 2022, 04:13:28 PM »
I need new charcoal baskets for my Performer. I don't want to use a SNS in this kettle. Aside from the Weber baskets, what's the latest and greatest? I could/will use the Search option here, but thought I'd just ask. It's been a while, since I've posted here and haven't kept up with what's going on here! The Weber baskets work just fine, but burn up from constant use. Help me out!

Jason

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Charcoal Baskets for my 22
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 04:45:49 PM »
Go to Amazon and search for Onlyfire Stainless Charcoal Basket.  I tried to paste the link but I keep getting a broken link Tapatalk error message.  Set of 2 for $25.  I remember some guys here ordered them and liked them.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 04:50:17 PM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Charcoal Baskets for my 22
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 05:23:02 PM »
Onlyfire Stainless Steel Contoured Charcoal Basket Holders Fits for Kettle Grill,2 pcs for a Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCD1RNL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_MVBQKYR6BYDX069SRZ1Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 05:14:48 AM »
Thanks for the link! For $25, I'll grab a pair.

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 05:42:33 AM »
I just wanna get the dimensions for THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrC1GeS12AQ
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 03:38:57 PM »
Weber has some high end performer ones from years back still for sale. I got a pair last year.

Wire charcoal basket for the Performer model grillspart #960080 They are by far the best “longest lasting” built like a tank

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 06:40:19 PM »
Weber has some high end performer ones from years back still for sale. I got a pair last year.

Wire charcoal basket for the Performer model grillspart #960080 They are by far the best “longest lasting” built like a tank

You mean the wire baskets that came with the SSP?! I would love those for my SSP restore.

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 06:00:46 PM »
I’m probably going to pick up one of these in the next few months. I like the idea of being able to load up the charcoal grate for lots of searing area while keeping the charcoal off the bowl. I’m also trying to figure out which one from that ‘family’ would be best for the Jumbo Joe.

2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 10:48:26 AM »

You mean the wire baskets that came with the SSP?! I would love those for my SSP restore.
those are the ones- I use them for the rotisserie sometimes!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 12:19:59 PM »
You can always get some perforated stainless sheet and make it to a specific dimension that you need.
Easy to cut straight and no drilling required when bolting it together. 

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 02:58:10 PM »

You can always get some perforated stainless sheet and make it to a specific dimension that you need.
Easy to cut straight and no drilling required when bolting it together. 

Your a master at custom grate charcoal set ups. The forum is lucky to have you as an active member- your photos inspire ideas

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 12:01:58 PM »

Thanks for reminding me, I have some of these and just found them!

I just used the old OEM Weber wire baskets last night. Not sure what kind of steel they used, but don't see them falling apart any time soon.

I also bought a pair that @bamakettles linked and have been using them as well.

I appreciate all of the suggestions and grate ideas!

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 01:44:51 PM »

those are the ones- I use them for the rotisserie sometimes!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip.