Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber corporate cost cutting?  (Read 285 times)

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
Weber corporate cost cutting?
« on: October 16, 2021, 12:21:08 AM »
Not my kettle .....

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10209756731830336&set=gm.1788511594680310

Has anyone ever heard or seen this before? I had not, but a quick google search
took me into the depths of Weber.com   .... sure as shit, there it is .....

https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023605732-Where-can-I-buy-touch-up-paint-for-my-grill-

However, it clearly says " If the porcelain enamel has become damaged, replacing the affected part is the only solution."
If this is "the only solution," then why did they send this guy some touch up paint? 

I have made 4 calls to WCS in the last 3 weeks.  3 of the 4 were what I consider below the
average customer satisfaction that I have become accustomed to.  Don't misunderstand this
either.  I am not talking about them handing out freebies.  Just a general lack of give a damn.
One CSR ordered the wrong part.  Another CSR seemed put off and bothered when I called
in to correct the issue.  She went on to try and charge me shipping on the correct piece. 
NONE OF THESE PARTS WERE FREE.  I had placed a $287 order for a Summit 670 rebuild.
I am not sure if this was simply bad luck, corporate belt tightening, or just the overall
piss poor employee performance that so many companies are experiencing right now. 

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber corporate cost cutting?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 05:02:18 AM »
I got a similar response from two CSR’s at Weber a couple weeks ago.

The lid on my Spirit gasser has some paint issues like it is fading out over large areas.

The first CSR told me he would likely replace the lid after I uploaded pictures to a link he would email me. I never received the email.

The second guy was glad to send me some touch up paint. When I reinforced that touch up paint would not correct the issue he asked that I email him pics. I sent the email and about three days later it got kicked back from their server.

I may try again, I may not. Kind of disappointing IMHO.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 05:08:43 AM »
Thus the continued deconstruction of a once great corporation by the Private Equity firm.   I still think they are doing some good things but the cost cutting measures are very noticeable.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 06:25:12 AM »
New information, in speaking to others this is nothing new, weber has been doing this for years.  I wonder if there is a certain criteria where they feel paint is appropriate like on the rim of the lid where it will not get the same about of heat as the bowl where the charcoal is going to be the hottest.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"