Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SE Meetup  (Read 28984 times)

jarryd

• Smokey Joe
Re: SE Meetup
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2021, 04:46:32 AM »
Holy moly[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7].
So many beautiful grills all in the one place.[emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2021, 06:22:06 AM »
Wow, love those pictures!  Looks like a great time…..

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
SE Meetup
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2021, 04:00:16 PM »
We needn’t be reminded that JEBIV and JEBIV’SWIFE are the embodiment of southern hospitality, and I think I can safely speak on behalf of all that attended when I say “thank you it was friggin’ awesome!”

The whole house and patio was completely decorated in Weber paraphernalia, small touches and attention to minute details that betrayed the massive amount of thought and effort that went into the gathering.  Big thank you also goes to BrewTownBeatDown and his wife for bringing down the amazing amount of Weber-flair!  Hell, even the name tags were WKC personalized. 

And the kettles, oh my, the kettles!  Rarities from all Weber eras abounded Joe’s property; Weber Bros, Wood dales, a white whale custom, electric kettles, Rangers, boobies, outriders, you name it!  I counted 5 SnapOn CGA’s in attendance, and at least 4 Sevilles, not to mention all the sweet sweet Woodard furniture we so luxuriously dined and lounged upon!  I learned so much from Harris92 as we strolled through all the Weber rarities and he pointed out the nuances of different ages. 

I was happy to see PlantCityMike again, even though that lucky bastard walked away with the hottest door-prize of the night, a BNIB sidekick, so ruthlessly stolen during dirty BBQ giveaway!

I finally had the good fortune of meeting prolific member ShoeStringShop and his wife who were spending their hard earned vacation in ATL.  Thank y’all for making the trip! 

And the same goes to AZ2FL who drove up from Gainesville; he and I spent quite awhile talking about the Central Florida area while he perfectly grilled up sausages.  Thanks Robert, I didn’t mean to rope you into grilling, but I hope you enjoyed the CGA-experience! 

One last thank you to Joe for the extremely generous gifts including the aforementioned door prizes, special SE Meetup Zavodd44 handles, stickers and rubs. 

Count us in for next year’s SE meetup and we are excited to perhaps attend the 10 year anniversary in Chicago.

I am absolutely kicking myself for taking zero pictures.  I don’t think I even looked at my phone the entire time I was there, but my wife took some when we first arrived.  I’m 100% certain more photos are forthcoming!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 04:54:03 PM by Mr.CPHo »

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »
Amazing………..hate that I missed it!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2021, 05:37:55 PM »
[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2021, 07:13:47 PM »
We did “uncover” one early, uninvited guest:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, I would have lost my s#it.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »
Looks like a good time all around. Glad to see the turnout!
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2021, 06:43:17 AM »
Sounds like you Fellas all had a grate time!  Wish I could've been there.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2021, 07:19:09 AM »
I am impressed. Looks you guys had a blast. Had loved to be there.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2021, 09:45:10 AM »
I have more pics,  but here are a few made during setup, thanks to @brewtownbeatdown for getting on the roof, I don't do heights very well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »
Amazing pictures....... man that's a cool back yard - looks like Easter!

Chris-B-Que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2021, 11:08:53 AM »
Incredible pics!! Looks like y'all had an amazing day!!
So wish I could have travelled around the world for one of these meetups.
Lots of awesome grills here!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2021, 02:05:00 PM »
For a guy with almost 9000 useless posts I am at a loss for words. To the 6 members who made the commitment I thank you more than you can know @brewtownbeatdown and his wife De, @AZ2FL @Plant_City_Mike @Mr.CPHo and his wife Simi @Shoestringshop and his wife Denise @harris92  I will never be able to thank or repay Mike and De for all there help, they worked tirelessly 14 hour days Thursday and Friday helping get ready. @zavod44 for the beautiful handles and the art for the nametags, really nice rubs to give away from Mike Cameron. We raffled off a NIB Target copper to help fund Chicago 10 and had a raffle for door prize giveaways from my stash and Mike Mageski, it turned into a white elephant deal which had Charlie losing a NIB sidekick from the last drawing LOL. I sold a few items from Trader Joe's dusty treasures. Just a little thought, the members who attended logged over 5100 miles roundtrip to make this meetup WOW. And 1 more person who allowed all this to happen,@jebivswife without her commitment this would never had happened!!! More pictures are rolling in and once I get the file from the photographer I will share
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2021, 04:35:12 PM »
For a guy with almost 9000 useless posts I am at a loss for words. To the 6 members who made the commitment I thank you more than you can know @brewtownbeatdown and his wife De, @AZ2FL @Plant_City_Mike @Mr.CPHo and his wife Simi @Shoestringshop and his wife Denise @harris92  I will never be able to thank or repay Mike and De for all there help, they worked tirelessly 14 hour days Thursday and Friday helping get ready. @zavod44 for the beautiful handles and the art for the nametags, really nice rubs to give away from Mike Cameron. We raffled off a NIB Target copper to help fund Chicago 10 and had a raffle for door prize giveaways from my stash and Mike Mageski, it turned into a white elephant deal which had Charlie losing a NIB sidekick from the last drawing LOL. I sold a few items from Trader Joe's dusty treasures. Just a little thought, the members who attended logged over 5100 miles roundtrip to make this meetup WOW. And 1 more person who allowed all this to happen,@jebivswife without her commitment this would never had happened!!! More pictures are rolling in and once I get the file from the photographer I will share

Bravo to all in attendance.  I see about 5 years worth of Weber calendars on this page alone.  WOW! 

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2021, 09:01:56 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!