Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ISO One Touch Deluxe Wire Lid Holder  (Read 173 times)

Sprinkler76

• Smokey Joe
ISO One Touch Deluxe Wire Lid Holder
« on: April 16, 2021, 05:15:11 PM »
I bought a One touch deluxe kettle off Facebook a couple of months ago. It did not have the wire lid holder. I have been scouring the internet for one but every parts website I visit doesn't have in stock. Does anyone know where I can get ahold of one? Will a performer lid holder work? Any other options or suggestions are appreciated.

Cellar2ful

Re: ISO One Touch Deluxe Wire Lid Holder
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 06:25:30 PM »

A performer lid holder will not work as it is longer and has a different bend to it.  Here is a photo of what the lid holder on a 2010 model looks like.  The lid bail attaches to the two side tables by two small metal tabs and screws.

The previous year One Touch Platinum model (AD - 2009) had a different way of holding the lid.  There was no lid bail, just two small metal tabs that attached to the side tables that kept the lid from touching the side tables.  If your kettle is a 2009 or AD stamp on the lid vent, then your kettle would not have come with a lid bail.  The two metal tabs worked fine holding the lid, I think Weber just fine tuned the lid bail with a better design for the 2010 and following years.

These are the best and only photos I have of the lid bails on both these One Touch Platinums. They have both moved onto new owners. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 06:27:02 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"