Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The one that got away  (Read 1876 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
The one that got away
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
A fellow member from out of range sent me the link to an estate sale, and there was a gourmet there. I asked if he needed an agent, and he said "I thought of you!" So, I woke up at 5, drove to KC, got there at 7:20 sale started at 9. There was one vehicle there, but I hoped they were there for the cannon. Thought for sure I showed up early enough, but the other feller there was a guy I bought a performer frame from, who also deals with severe weberitis. He got out and said I looked familiar and asked if we knew each other, I said "I hope not what are you here for" and then he knew my name. All downhill from there. I figured I would stick around to see how much it was, and actually see a yellow in person, he asked if i was gonna try to run past him lol. The grill was priced about 5 times more than I really wanted to pay, so I wasn't that upset about being 2nd in line. I didnt think he was gonna buy it either, because the price was ridiculous. I looked around so he could make an offer without me trying to eavesdrop, and when I came back in he had his wallet out. Not gonna lie, and pretend I'm not butthurt, but I would have never paid that anyway. @WeberKell11 is that your username? Post some cleaned up pics if you see this.

Since I had room on top of the car, lol, I decided I might as well grab this woodard stuff since I drove up there, consolation buy lol. Thanks @JEBIV for the info.

best lunch in wilmington nc

food delivery carolina beach nc

And whoever called the estate sale talking about crazy high prices on these is a real lowlife, you obviously peruse this site, probably as a lurker, and called to jack the price up, then didnt even come to the sale... Were you hoping to get it half price on Saturday?

Anyway here is the woodard stuff. I thought the shelf was pretty sweet

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:25:53 PM by Walchit »

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
Re: The one that got away
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 12:37:25 PM »
Hey brother not me I'm down in SC/NC area. Sorry you missed this one...brutal story but congrats to the other member!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 12:52:54 PM »
Hey brother not me I'm down in SC/NC area. Sorry you missed this one...brutal story but congrats to the other member!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lol, I have a horrible memory, I just told him to check his email, and he didnt get one, sorry man.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 04:09:36 PM »
That sux.
Just out of curiosity how high was 5 times more than you were willing to pay?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 06:17:44 PM »
You aren't the only one wondering
That sux.
Just out of curiosity how high was 5 times more than you were willing to pay?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 07:06:03 PM »
Idk the etiquette on posting someone else's prices, but oh well i guess, also hate to raise the value of these up to where I dont have a chance at one.
When we went down to the garage the sticker said 575 and I about lost my shit. He talked them down a little, but not much. I wish he would have just left a bid, because I dont think anyone else was gonna come get it, but I could be wrong. Idk, like I said, I'm just butthurt after stoking myself up for 2 days, then showed up to be second in line for ebay price. I will quit whining now lol

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 07:17:23 PM »
And I took a little over 200, bit I was really hoping I didnt spent that much lol

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 09:43:37 PM »
I'd love to have a gourmet, but I wouldn't have paid that much either.  Who knows, maybe Weber will come out with a yellow one soon.  If they do, I'm on board!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 03:55:46 AM »
I'd love to have a gourmet, but I wouldn't have paid that much either.  Who knows, maybe Weber will come out with a yellow one soon.  If they do, I'm on board!

The most I've paid for a Weber was 125, and I am trying to keep it that way lol. That's why I only took a couple hundred bucks lol

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 12:17:28 PM »
$575 I wouldn't have paid it either.

If the want that much it needs to go to Ebay. Even there it may not go to $575 unless it is in great condition.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 03:38:26 PM »
I was hoping it would be 50 bucks honestly. And it probably would have been if nobody called and asked if it was gonna be under 500. I didnt call at all, figured showing up a couple hours early would do the trick, if I would have been first in line I would have definitely passed on it. The main thing that gets me is that now they are gonna "look up" every weber they get. So simpsons are worth about 600 too and they will mark any ranger or glen blue at 2000 lol. Estate sales are supposed to have bargains, imo

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »
Don't  fret estate sales still have  bargains

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 05:07:29 AM »
Did you show @jebivswife that woodard stuff? @JEBIV

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
Did you show @jebivswife that woodard stuff? @JEBIV
I did not, I am not supposed to be looking at grills or furniture,  naked women would probably not get me in trouble LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 03:27:16 PM »
Lol!