Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: rotisserie for outrider/smokey joe platinum?  (Read 1212 times)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
rotisserie for outrider/smokey joe platinum?
« on: September 16, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »
Are there any rotisseries that might work on an outrider?
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: rotisserie for outrider/smokey joe platinum?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:12:10 PM »
Any 18.5 roti should work.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 01:18:41 PM »

Both of Cajun Bandit 18" rotisseries should fit a Outrider.  My vintage Weber rotisserie ring fits on my Outrider.  A standard 18" kettle lid can be used on an Outrider.  Only the lid handle is different due to the locking lid bail grove in the handle.  Both of the rotisseries say in the description they will fit a Jumbo Joe.

https://www.cajunbandit.com/product/cajun-bandit-18-5-charcoal-kettle-and-weber-smokey-mountain-rotisserie/

https://www.cajunbandit.com/product/cajun-bandit-18-5-charcoal-kettle-and-weber-smokey-mountain-rotisserie-with-electric-motor/
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »
18" wsm midsection fits on a JJ and outrider. So I think a all the 18"s are the same size bowl

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »
   Im pretty sure Iksdrinker is referring to the 14.5" grill.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 04:06:35 PM »

He stated a SJP not SJG. SJP is 18.5
Technically a SJG is considered an Outrider but the collectors here mostly consider the "Outrider" to be the SJP.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:10:45 PM by CatskillSmoker »

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 04:41:15 PM »

He stated a SJP not SJG. SJP is 18.5
Technically a SJG is considered an Outrider but the collectors here mostly consider the "Outrider" to be the SJP.

Thanks for the correction and that triple threat pic.

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 06:12:50 AM »
Yeah I'm talking about the larger one.  For some reason I recall there being something odd about the size of this thing.  Is it just that the cooking grate from a standard 18.5 wont fit?  Guess I just assumed a roti ring wouldn't fit right either!  This might make things a bit easier for our thanksgiving camping trip!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 06:46:56 AM »
For some reason I recall there being something odd about the size of this thing.  Is it just that the cooking grate from a standard 18.5 wont fit?

Correct.  The cooking grate for the Outrider is specific for only that model.  A standard 18.5" cooking grate won't fit on a Outrider. It's because the Outrider does not have grate straps. The cooking grate rests on a crimped area about two inches below the bowl rim. 

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:50:34 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »
I just ordered a Cajun Bandit 22 Roti late Saturday night and I will have it here on Wednesday. So shipping seems to be excellent.  Hopefully fitment works well with the 18.5 Roti. If I had both I would be more than happy to show you but I don't even have one of the two.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 04:29:16 PM »
I absolutely love my 18.5 Cajun Bandit roti and as stated above it will work with an Outrider!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 06:05:30 AM »
Sure seems like Cajun Bandit is the one everyone likes!  Anyone ever try the only fire (or is it one fire?) version?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 07:39:15 AM »
I am not sure all that many people have it.  If you are on a budget and you won't hardlely use it at all maybe it is a good option.

The Cajun Bandit is popular because it is quality, works with the Weber grills and smokers, and they have options for motors and etc.  Honestly, I figure the 22 I purchased will be something I use for forever. Maybe the motor needs replaced someday, but they aren't that bad price wise.
Sure seems like Cajun Bandit is the one everyone likes!  Anyone ever try the only fire (or is it one fire?) version?

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 08:13:36 AM »
I am not sure all that many people have it.  If you are on a budget and you won't hardlely use it at all maybe it is a good option.

The Cajun Bandit is popular because it is quality, works with the Weber grills and smokers, and they have options for motors and etc.  Honestly, I figure the 22 I purchased will be something I use for forever. Maybe the motor needs replaced someday, but they aren't that bad price wise.

I know the CB is a quality choice.  But its tough to shell out more for a rotisserie than what I pay for most of my kettles!  I already own a 22" weber roti ring and love using that.  Since this one will be for kettle I take camping it wont get too much use so maybe I'll try the only fire version.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 09:02:02 AM »
Kind of what I thought if you aren't using it that much.  I think Cajun sometimes does a 10% coupon around holidays and at least on my order it was free shipping and no tax . 

If that can't get you close enough in terms of price range to the only fire and you can't wait I would buy the only fire. 

Getting the battery powered version might save a few bucks and be better suited for a travel kettle as well.