Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Kettle hitting the market?  (Read 2042 times)

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Weber Kettle hitting the market?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 10:15:07 PM »
Thank you,
What is unfortunate is that, this forum and others are not supporting Weber and the newer products.

Instead, we bitch about various things and decide that we'll buy a used grill for 20 bucks or free, and then boast about our great deal.
But what's wrong about it? The newer the product the worse the quality and if you can get a piece of very good quality from the past for free or for a little money it's something you can be proud and happy about.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »
Still trying to figure out why an American company hates American consumers.
Because the typical "American" consumer wants to go to Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart... and buy the cheapest grill they can. So basically Weber has decided that it isn't worth the effort to try & sell limited use/appreciation items to a market where there isn't much of a demand to make it profitable.

That may very well be the case, although it would not explain the popularity of high end ceramics like Green Egg and Kamado Joe or pellet grills like Memphis & MAK. 

And, like I've said on several occasions:
 - All of that stuff is made right here in the USA.
 - All of that stuff is put into boxes and stored in warehouses, right here in the USA.
 - All of that stuff could be put on Weber's own website, right here in the USA.
 - And then, with no additional expense on Weber's part, it could be shipped directly to customers, ri'chere in the US of A.

BD
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 12:56:41 PM by Big Dawg »
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 09:17:11 AM »

Still trying to figure out why an American company hates American consumers.
Because the typical "American" consumer wants to go to Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart... and buy the cheapest grill they can. So basically Weber has decided that it isn't worth the effort to try & sell limited use/appreciation items to a market where there isn't much of a demand to make it profitable.

That may very well be the case, although it would not explain the popularity of high end ceramics like Green Egg and Kamado Joe or pellet grills like Memphis & MAK. 

And, like I've said on several occasions:
 - All of that stuff is made right here in the USA.
 - All of that stuff is put into poxes and stored in warehouses, right here in the USA.
 - All of that stuff could be put on Weber's own website, right here in the USA.
 - And then, with no additional expense on Weber's part, it could be shipped directly to customers, ri'chere in the US of A.

BD

Now that is well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

au4stree

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 10:30:36 AM »
Technically BGE is made in Mexico and KJ is made in China. Primo is the only one made exclusively in the USA.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:34:14 AM by au4stree »
Piggs McGee BBQ
"We're kind of a big deal"

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 10:53:59 AM »
Perhaps we should start a petition on Webers social media platforms asking them to give the US market some of the same products other regions get.  I’d love some of those fancy colored mastertouch kettles. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »
Perhaps we should start a petition on Webers social media platforms asking them to give the US market some of the same products other regions get.  I’d love some of those fancy colored mastertouch kettles. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Anything Weber offers should be made available here in North America. Even as a special order product from the factory.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
Thank you,
What is unfortunate is that, this forum and others are not supporting Weber and the newer products.

Instead, we bitch about various things and decide that we'll buy a used grill for 20 bucks or free, and then boast about our great deal.
But what's wrong about it? The newer the product the worse the quality and if you can get a piece of very good quality from the past for free or for a little money it's something you can be proud and happy about.
I would disagree about the quality. Come on... Weber is giving you a 10 yr warranty on their product. Sure, there are different colours now compared to before, but that isn't on Weber, it's government legislation.

Where I see an issue is that if we are not willing to support Weber as it is today, I feel that the company will go the way of other old companies that died.

I don't have a problem with someone getting an old Weber for cheap, but I do think that we should support Weber today.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 01:08:58 PM »
Technically BGE is made in Mexico and KJ is made in China. Primo is the only one made exclusively in the USA.

My comments were not necessarily about products made in America, but were about the fact that Americans are willing to go somewhere besides WallyWorld or the big box stores and will spend a reasonable price for a high quality product.

I agree. Anything Weber offers should be made available here in North America. Even as a special order product from the factory.

X2 ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna