Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Redhead MT  (Read 2259 times)

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
Redhead MT
« on: February 13, 2019, 04:46:34 AM »
How rare/hard are these to find?  Is there a history chart out there somewhere that shows what years Weber made the master touch in red?  I'd like to find one, along with a red SSP, but haven't had luck (yet).  I don't want the new limited edition red.

Cellar2ful

Re: Redhead MT
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:53:59 AM »

@ste6168 - Here's a link to the Master Touch History thread.  These threads are listed on the WKC Home page.  As to how easy they are to find, it depends on where you live.  You can post in the Trading Post section - Members Sales and Trades, stating where you live and that your looking for a red Master Touch.  BTW, Master Touch's were produced in red and red mist.

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:58:08 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:57:05 AM »

@ste6168 - Here's a link to the Master Touch History thread.  These threads are listed on the WKC Home page.  As to how easy they are to find, it depends on where you live.  You can post in the Trading Post section - Members Sales and Trades, stating where you live and that your looking for a red Master Touch.  BTW, Master Touch's were produced in red and red mist.

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/

Thanks.  SO, looks like the newer (gen 2) is the taller MasterTouch, and the original is the height of the standard kettles?  Does the Gen 2 come in red (or red mist)?  Red mist is the one that kind of fades dark to lighter, correct? 

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:31:43 AM »
Yes, the Gen 2 MT are taller than the original MT's.  Here's a comparison photo of the two, compliments of @greenweb .  The red pictured below is a red mist fade.

The Gen 2 MT's are only produced in black in the US.  Canada did a limited run of 4 colors in addition to black in 2016. 

Limited Edition for 2016 here in Canada.

A few folks in the US bought from Dickson Barbecue in Canada.  They will ship to the US. Don't know if they have any left in stock though as there were only 500 produced of each color.

https://dicksonbbq.com/collections/charcoal-grills/weber

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:33:33 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:42 AM »
Dang.  Well, looks like I will need to find a Gen 1 master touch in red, then a Gen 2 in black, and swap legs! LOL   Or, find one of the limited editions, though I'd prefer an older grill.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 01:45:42 PM »
They still have the limited edition color's available for 2019!! I can also ship them..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 02:59:11 PM »
Dang.  Well, looks like I will need to find a Gen 1 master touch in red, then a Gen 2 in black, and swap legs! LOL   Or, find one of the limited editions, though I'd prefer an older grill.
Why dont you like the standard height?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 05:00:46 PM »

I cook on a Kettle Premium now, and I just feel like I am bending over a lot.  I also have a Kamado Joe, which is several inches taller, so just think the extra height would be nice.  That said, I happened to be in Lowes today, and looked at a MT, and not sure I like how the lid bale is in the back, I think it would work better to the side-ish a bit.  Just seems strange reaching over the grill, but maybe you get used to that?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:20:13 PM by ste6168 »

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 05:15:52 PM »
   Sounds like you gotta custom make a MT. Do what your heart tells you to do.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »

That said, I happened to be in Lowes today, and looked at a MT, and not sure I like how the lid bale is in the back, I think it would work better to the side-ish a bit.  Just seems strange reaching over the grill, but maybe you get used to that?

You could just position the grill sideways so the bale is on the side...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 03:22:07 AM »

That said, I happened to be in Lowes today, and looked at a MT, and not sure I like how the lid bale is in the back, I think it would work better to the side-ish a bit.  Just seems strange reaching over the grill, but maybe you get used to that?

You could just position the grill sideways so the bale is on the side...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Well, duh!  :o

Sometimes, I am not very smart.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 07:14:48 AM »
@ste6168 should count his blessings.  The year they made my former MT, they put the lid bale in the FRONT, so I have to stand on a step stool to cook on it.  Plus I have to duct tape any barbeque utensils that I'm going to be using to broom handles.  Some days it gets so frustrating, I'm tempted to just haul it out to the curb.   ;)

Sorry @ste6168, I just couldn't resist.  You gave me a good chuckle.  It also reminded me of when I was trying to find the proper place to locate my red mist SSP (which is pretty much what I've been using).  Sometimes, it takes me a moment to realize that I can easily just reorient it.  After all, it even has 4 wheels. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:19:17 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 08:05:51 AM »
@ste6168 , don't feel bad. Many times the "obvious" is the easiest to miss.  There's a reason that with many electric household goods the first step in the troubleshooting guide is; "check to see if it plugged in"

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »
@ste6168 should count his blessings.  The year they made my former MT, they put the lid bale in the FRONT, so I have to stand on a step stool to cook on it.  Plus I have to duct tape any barbeque utensils that I'm going to be using to broom handles.  Some days it gets so frustrating, I'm tempted to just haul it out to the curb.   ;)

Sorry @ste6168, I just couldn't resist.  You gave me a good chuckle.  It also reminded me of when I was trying to find the proper place to locate my red mist SSP (which is pretty much what I've been using).  Sometimes, it takes me a moment to realize that I can easily just reorient it.  After all, it even has 4 wheels.

LOL  ;D

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 12:20:14 PM »
How rare/hard are these to find?  Is there a history chart out there somewhere that shows what years Weber made the master touch in red?  I'd like to find one, along with a red SSP, but haven't had luck (yet).  I don't want the new limited edition red.

Here's an M code red Gen 1 MT that's had some work done.

https://austin.craigslist.org/for/d/pflugerville-vintage-red-weber-kettle/6817876829.html

Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320