Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Green curry wings.  (Read 1142 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Green curry wings.
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
Perfect day to grill. Sunny and 55F in Seattle.  Probably the warmest winter in more than 20 years.

Wings marinated  overnight with green curry, fish sauce, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, green chili, sugar, and chicken bouillon.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
Re: Green curry wings.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:26:08 PM »
If they taste as good as they look, you're in business!
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »
I love wings! Do you have a recipe with measurements that you are willing to share? I really enjoy curry, wife not so much. It will give me a reason to start another grill up.

And with the super bowl coming up it would be cool to bring some.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

mikethebassist

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 02:56:05 AM »
Looks great! I second shoestrings if you would share a recipe, I’d be grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 03:31:44 AM »
I like the ingredient list, and they look awesome
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Green curry wings.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 10:20:20 AM »

I love wings! Do you have a recipe with measurements that you are willing to share? I really enjoy curry, wife not so much. It will give me a reason to start another grill up.

I'm one of those that rarely measure my ingredients but I'll try to walk you through it.   

Here's a recipe for a 20oz marinade. This should be more than enough for 20-24 whole wings.

Place following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
2 tablespoon of curry paste
1 tablespoon of sugar
8 oz of Thai coconut milk. Make sure to shake the can well before you open it and pour on the mixing bowl.
10 oz of chicken stock/broth. You can also use chicken bouillon/better than chicken bouillon etc. Just add 10 oz of water if you use the paste/powder.
Kaffir leaves, fish sauce are totally optional. If you have it handy, use it. If not then it's not a big deal.
Use a whisk and stir until all the ingredients are dissolved.  The marinade should have a consistency of a milk or slightly thicker. Taste the marinade and make some adjustments if necessary depending with your preference. You can add salt or more curry paste. If it's too salty or the curry is too overpowering, just add a bit more water/coconut milk.  If you plan to marinate overnight,  use less salt and curry.  For wings, anything over 2 hours is ok.

Place the wings in a ziplcoc bag(s) and pour the marinade.  Shake the ziploc bag until the wings are coated evenly with the marinade. Push out excess air and close the the plastic bag. Leave on the fridge.

Here are some basics on  different types of curry:

The 2 most popular are Thai and Indian curry. Thai curry are made using fresh herbs and spices and comes in a form of paste.  Indian curry on the other hand are made with dry herbs and spices so typically it comes in a powder form. It's slightly more pungent and the heat/spice linger in your mouth longer.  On Thai  curry, the heat is more upfront.  Initially it can be more spicy once you eat it but the heat go away much quicker.

For my cooking I use predominantly Thai curry. There are a few types/colors but the most common are yellow, red and green.  They're all basically the same with a few variations on the ingredients depending on the different regions of the country . Green is usually has the most heat followed by red. Yellow is the least spicy of the group. If you can handle very spicy food, it doesn't really matter what color of curry you choose. You can always add more red/green thai chili or habanero etc. It's more about visual presentation and so forth.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 10:23:51 AM »
If they taste as good as they look, you're in business!
They only taste good if you like curry.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 10:28:50 AM »
I love everything in the list of ingredients, I'm not much on measuring either, thanks for sharing
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

mikethebassist

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 11:21:29 AM »

I'm one of those that rarely measure my ingredients but I'll try to walk you through it.   

Here's a recipe for a 20oz marinade. This should be more than enough for 20-24 whole wings.

Place following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
2 tablespoon of curry paste
1 tablespoon of sugar
8 oz of Thai coconut milk. Make sure to shake the can well before you open it and pour on the mixing bowl.
10 oz of chicken stock/broth. You can also use chicken bouillon/better than chicken bouillon etc. Just add 10 oz of water if you use the paste/powder.
Kaffir leaves, fish sauce are totally optional. If you have it handy, use it. If not then it's not a big deal.
Use a whisk and stir until all the ingredients are dissolved.  The marinade should have a consistency of a milk or slightly thicker. Taste the marinade and make some adjustments if necessary depending with your preference. You can add salt or more curry paste. If it's too salty or the curry is too overpowering, just add a bit more water/coconut milk.  If you plan to marinate overnight,  use less salt and curry.  For wings, anything over 2 hours is ok.

Place the wings in a ziplcoc bag(s) and pour the marinade.  Shake the ziploc bag until the wings are coated evenly with the marinade. Push out excess air and close the the plastic bag. Leave on the fridge.

Here are some basics on  different types of curry:

The 2 most popular are Thai and Indian curry. Thai curry are made using fresh herbs and spices and comes in a form of paste.  Indian curry on the other hand are made with dry herbs and spices so typically it comes in a powder form. It's slightly more pungent and the heat/spice linger in your mouth longer.  On Thai  curry, the heat is more upfront.  Initially it can be more spicy once you eat it but the heat go away much quicker.

For my cooking I use predominantly Thai curry. There are a few types/colors but the most common are yellow, red and green.  They're all basically the same with a few variations on the ingredients depending on the different regions of the country . Green is usually has the most heat followed by red. Yellow is the least spicy of the group. If you can handle very spicy food, it doesn't really matter what color of curry you choose. You can always add more red/green thai chili or habanero etc. It's more about visual presentation and so forth.
thank you so much for the detailed reply! Learning new things! Very appreciated. Thank you!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 11:28:47 AM »
I love everything in the list of ingredients, I'm not much on measuring either, thanks for sharing
I can cook many different types of foods but will never learn how to bake or make pizza dough since I'm too lazy to measure anything.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 11:42:41 AM »
I can cook many different types of foods but will never learn how to bake or make pizza dough since I'm too lazy to measure anything.

LOL, I can't bake and every time I try to make a bread recipe of any type it flops like an old dog

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 11:52:04 AM »
Those are some really nice looking wings!