Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: West Coast WKC meetup (Saturday, 10/6) @ Seacliff State Beach  (Read 1240 times)

Cellar2ful

West Coast WKC meetup (Saturday, 10/6) @ Seacliff State Beach
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
Sorry for not getting this out sooner but with recovering from my hand surgery and other life challenges, could't get to it till now. 

Saturday, October 6th, a few local grillfellas are going to meet at Seacliff State Beach.  I will get there early to grab a covered picnic area.  This is what it will look like.

If you can make it, come early (recommend by 9 - 9:30 AM).   The parking area near the beach fills up quickly on weekends.  Once it is full you have to park in the lot on the bluffs and carry everything down a very long staircase to the lower area.

Dogs are allowed but have to be leashed at all times.  Unfortunately, alcoholic beverages are not allowed.  The State Park Rangers have a zero tolerance and will cite.  If you plan on fudging, I would recommend pouring your drinks into red cups in your coolers out of sight.  Entrance fee to the park is $10. I will have plates, cups and utensils.  Bring everything else you want to sit on, drink and cook (including a kettle). Sunscreen and beach towels recommended.  There are flush bathrooms available but I recommend bringing your own toilet paper.

Here is a link to the Seacliff State Beach Website:

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=543

The address is State Park Drive, Aptos.

Mrs. Cellar2ful and I drove to Seacliff today to see how busy it was.  Not to bad, but it was a Sunday, not a Saturday.  Don't want to promise anything but these are two photos I took this morning while we sat on the beach.  There were between 20-30 whales feeding all along the shore.  They put on an amazing show of lunge feeding, tail slapping and full body breaches for about 4 hours.

Let me know if you are planning on coming and what your grilling.  Just copy, paste and add you name with what your cooking and side dishes.

Confirmed Attending:

Cellar2ful - (2)         stuffed mushrooms   &  tri-tips (or sea turtle as @JEBIV says)
@pbe gummi bear
@argentflame
@Heyjude
@Bodhi
@dazzo

Cheers,

Cellar2ful (whale hunter)

@inkaddictedchef1  @SacramentoWeber    @austin87  @JordanW   @LiquidOcelot  @Publicknitter  @Dan in SC Ca

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:51:09 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Re: West Coast WKC meetup (Saturday, 10/6) @ Seacliff State Beach
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:24:36 AM »
Would love too... but unfortunately in my industry getting weekend days off is like pulling teeth.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: West Coast WKC meetup (Saturday, 10/6) @ Seacliff State Beach
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 12:38:03 PM »
Wow that looks amazing even with any kettles!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.