Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: EOYIZW bristle free Grill Brush  (Read 1705 times)

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: EOYIZW bristle free Grill Brush
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 11:00:53 AM »
My name is Hell Fire Grill and I approve of this message.

Here's my .02 on the matter :)

95% of the bristle brush issues you read about are due to one of two things...

1) Either they are using a super cheap dollar-store brush (worth less than the receipt that came with it) OR
2) They have used their brush WAY past its usable life.

A QUALITY brush made by a major manufacturer like Weber, Broil King, Napoleon etc actually put safety testing into their brushes. With that being said even a good quality brush should be thrown out after a season of use (twice a season if you grill regularly!). Older block style brushes have a large block of wood or plastic that the bristles are glued into... over time the adhesive could fail and will drop a whole pack of bristles on you in one shot. These have mostly been replaced with the new style brushes that use a heavy wire to twist/fasten the bristles into the brush. Some manufacturers (like weber) still sell the older style wooden handled brush but have added a mechanical staple along with the adhesive to further protect against bristle loss.

The EOYIZW coil style brush that you ordered will work OK on a straight SS rod style grate but still will not be as effective as a bristle brush.

They have since come up with another variation of the coil style that uses a double coil or double helix design. This way when you apply pressure, the first layer of coils spread apart and swipe down each side of the grate bar, then a smaller second coil hidden inside will clean the top of the bar. IMO these are the next best choice after a bristle brush in terms of all out cleaning power.

Happy Grilling
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 11:10:21 AM »
Food sticks to a new or extra clean grate.
There is such a thing as TOO much brushing.
I love it when guys go at their hot porcelain coated
CI grates on their gasser with an aggressive steel
brush and then complain that they don't last as
long as they think they should.
That's why Weber sells a brush with brass bristles.

Even then you have to be careful on coated grates.
The enamel softens a bit when it's hot.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 04:06:33 AM »
Okay I promised I would report back and I am had the opportunity to use it last night and the brush worked exactly as expected no problems at all. It cleaned the great very effectively and very quickly compared to the old fashioned bristle type brushes. I think this is going to be a great addition to my growing Arsenal
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 05:35:39 AM »
I have been using the Weber 12 inch 3 sided bristle. No issues, and does a grate job. For under $10, it can't be beat IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:38:48 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 05:37:30 AM »
-
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:39:28 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 05:40:15 AM »
A lot of people use them and they're happy with them however with the concerns over bristle type Grill brushes offer up my experience with an alternative. As for me my guests and my family I am simply not going to take any chances with bristle type brushes.
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.