Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first Zav's...Imported from Canada  (Read 3690 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: My first Zav's...Imported from Canada
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »
Looks great!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 06:03:18 PM »
Your handle reshaping is not same as what I did, so I can not take the credit for this. It did give me the idea to use the fireplace handle over the taco shell as an other option.

I will have to try your style handle strap when I get a chance.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 06:40:05 PM »
Your handle reshaping is not same as what I did, so I can not take the credit for this. It did give me the idea to use the fireplace handle over the taco shell as an other option.

I will have to try your style handle strap when I get a chance.
I tried that. It doesn't fit. There would be some work involved which I didn't wan't to do at the time.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 07:15:41 PM »
@greenweb

Don't have any idea regarding the height of the fireplace strap but I'm almost certain it's not tall enough to be used on top of the taco shell. You'll be cooking your knuckles on the shell.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 07:20:36 PM »
The fireplace straps if I recall were the same size as the normal Weber handles. I found that they were just a bit to narrow to bolt onto the standard taco.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 07:25:49 PM »
If the height of the fireplace strap is the same as the standard kettle handle, then it's way too short to be used atop the shell.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 04:11:42 AM »
Zav wood rocks. I have several.

I like what you did with the taco handle strap. If you decide to market them, I'll be your first customer!!
Sorry brother but you'll never see me marketing these  new and improved tacos anytime soon. First of all, it's a very easy modification. Just cut, bend and drill. Not including sanding and polishing the strap, it should only take 15 minutes or so. Second, this is a @greenweb invention.
Other than that, it makes you wonder what weber's designers were thinking when they concocted this design. This modified version uses less material and definitely cheaper to manufacture.

Cool. Nice job!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 09:04:46 AM »
Two awesome performers! Nice job!

What material is this?

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
My first Zav's...Imported from Canada
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
@randy 

Some type of embossed ss sheets similar to those in the link below.
http://www.fecuni.com/decorative-stainless-steel-colored-embossed-finished-sheets-suppliers.aspx#
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:49:21 AM by Jules V. »

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2018, 11:28:14 AM »

Man, you have great attention to detail, and your work is very precise.  Inspiring, indeed!  Thank you.  :D

a nice man named @greenweb from Ontario

Yeah, I can vouch for this.  :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »

The fireplace straps if I recall were the same size as the normal Weber handles. I found that they were just a bit to narrow to bolt onto the standard taco.

They worked for me, just had to spread them a tiny bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 06:21:03 PM »

I'm so satisfied with the result that I'm contemplating installating a taco handle on the grass green.

I’ve got the taco version of that lid.  If your non taco lid is in great condition with no chips/rim rash etc and you want to make a trade let me know!  Those performers look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
@Lowbrass

If only a local trade I'll will jump on it. The lid is in excellent  condition except the  typical slight yellowing on the handle weld area. It's the only reason I'm not too fond of the welded handle especially on the lighter colored kettles. Only ly grill that i paid real money for it so shipping is not really an option. Thanks for the offer though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:57:25 PM by Jules V. »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 01:39:57 PM »
My hunter green lowrider ssp felt left out so i decided to pimp it out a bit.  To fit the theme,  made the handle shorter by 1/2" compare to the redhead.  The shorter handle actually looks much better. 

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:20:55 AM by Jules V. »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »
Very cool! Just realized all your SSP has diff. SS bars and plates to make each one unique. You definitely have your own style going with all your SSP.