Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cooking grate recommenation  (Read 3506 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: Cooking grate recommenation
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 05:20:24 AM »
Thanks for all the grate recommendations. I was at my local HD yesterday and they had the GBS grate on sale for $8.54 as opposed to normally $35!! So I picked it up and did my first grill last night on the new SSP with roasted baby yukon gold potatoes, sauteed whole baby bella mushrooms, and 2 ribeyes to finish it off. Worked grate!! (Pun intended)

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Wow, that's a grate price! I paid full price for mine!  :'(
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 06:11:42 AM »
KillaGrilla looks like a good replacement... I don't own one, only because they don't offer the "gourmet" version. If they offered it, I'd be on it like stink on a skunk! 8)

Same here. I emailed the owner and he said a ss gbs version is a product they're currently considering. Maybe more requests will finally convince them?

Post up his email if you don't mind.  I ordered three grate from him for Christmas presents and talked with him about a KillaGrilla GBS version.  He said he would consider it.  Soulnded like a really nice guy.  I would love to have both a 22" and a 26" GBS from Killa Grilla.  If we blast him with enough requests perhaps he might put them on his website.  Just a thought.

Robert

Space

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 10:24:19 PM »
Do the killa grilla grates (with the one large opening) fit the slow n sear as well as the abc gate?

Cellar2ful

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 08:15:05 AM »

Do the killa grilla grates (with the one large opening) fit the slow n sear as well as the abc gate?

Here is comparative photo of a Killa Grilla grate overlaying a ABC Barbecue EZ Spin grate.  The EZ Spin is designed to fit the exact dimensions of the Slow N Sear.  The Killa Grilla extends into the charcoal area of the Slow N Sear.  Killa Grill may have redesigned the grate since this one was produced.  It was produced in the early start up times of Killa Grilla and may have actually been a prototype.  If you are going to be using the grate for cold grate searing where you have to spin the grate over the coals, the EZ spin is the way to go.  The Killa Grilla's weigh close to 9 pounds which makes them challenging to spin.  The EZ Spin grates are feather light and real easy to spin for searing. 

My Killa Grilla grate with two doors is my preferred cooking grate when cooking indirect with charcoal placement on both sides.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"