Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Fresh asparagus, wrapped with cheese and prosciutto.  (Read 2008 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Fresh asparagus, wrapped with cheese and prosciutto.
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »
I haven't made these in a while, so I got the groceries and went to work.

I'm using fresh asparagus, Boar's Head "Picante" Provolone and prosciutto. I prefer the prosciutto from Trader Joe's. The asparagus and cheese are from Sprout's. You can see that the cheese is sliced fairly thin, but the flavor is very unique and really makes them extra tasty. 

This is how I start to wrap them up.

Mid roll... 8)

Ready to go on my favorite cooker. I don't use anything to hold the wraps together.

Indirect for the whole cook. I'm guessing the temp was around 350*-400*

About 15-minutes later, we chow these down real quick!

Very tasty!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Fresh asparagus, wrapped with cheese and prosciutto.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:00:57 PM »
That is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:17:35 AM »
Those look great Jason. Think I need to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:52:11 AM »
A-plus. Might give this a try during the holiday gatherings!
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 03:16:39 AM »
Yum. I love asparagus!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 09:58:45 AM »
Oh yeah!!!!!  I tried those the day @Troy posted his video where he made them.  They are KILLER!!!!!  Troy ties, you don't, I went with two ties at the edge of the meat and cheese to kind of hold the cheese in so it wouldn't melt out.  If you haven't tried this, you really should!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 10:15:47 AM »
Oh yeah!!!!!  I tried those the day @Troy posted his video where he made them.  They are KILLER!!!!!  Troy ties, you don't, I went with two ties at the edge of the meat and cheese to kind of hold the cheese in so it wouldn't melt out.  If you haven't tried this, you really should!!!

I was thinking a 15 minute session would be short enough to prevent cheese melting away?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 10:20:56 AM »
Grate cook
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »

I was thinking a 15 minute session would be short enough to prevent cheese melting away?

you're probably right.  I'll definitely try it with no strings next time.  I mean, I never use toothpicks or strings on my turds!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 10:53:08 AM »
Thanks guys!

The way I wrapped them and the cheese being sliced fairly thin, there was minimal cheese loss. Most of the cheese melts in the nooks and crannies of the asparagus.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »
Thanks guys!

The way I wrapped them and the cheese being sliced fairly thin, there was minimal cheese loss. Most of the cheese melts in the nooks and crannies of the asparagus.

Nooks and Crannies... That's where its AT!!

This weekend and thank  you very much!!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 10:58:17 AM »
I never use toothpicks or strings on my turds!

sig worthy
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 10:59:13 AM »
Tying them definitely makes for a nicer presentation! The first time I had these were at Troys house and was hooked. EVERYONE loves these things, including people that don't like asparagus!

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »
Oh crap...My wife is gonna love this...Gotta try it soon...

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 08:18:48 PM »
I'm doing these at the 49er game this weekend. Iv never looked for prosciutto, is it fairly common everywhere ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app