Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Reflecting on Weber Kettle year 2017  (Read 5608 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Reflecting on Weber Kettle year 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 03:01:05 AM »
I had to think about this...kind of surprised myself with all the changes. I've been trying to pare down. Oh well, here goes:

Picked this Woodard up at the Meetup here in PA this summer:

Bought a basically new Red fade SS Performer near DC:

Bought a pristine late model Galley Que in the area:

My wife spotted the nice blue MT and table at a consignment shop:

I made up a custom 18.5 Mini Master Touch with Martin & Co. handles from Brian:

Gifted a new Packer's green 22.5 to my nephew for his wedding.

Picked up a grill-guard:

Picked up various elusive Weber accessories:

Restored and gifted an old Genny:

Guess I failed on the downsizing thing... ::)  Maybe next year.
Retired

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 03:15:56 AM »
2017 was a great year.
Scored a few great Kettles.
I'll post some pics in a bit
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:19:44 AM by firedude5015 »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 06:28:42 AM »
2017 has been a phenomenal year for me. Way too many interesting kettles to even list. Some left the herd to a family and WKC members. Most of them as a gift, and one on a trade.

For the first time, I got to meet up with 2 prominent Canadian members. Bought one kettle off one, and traded kettle with other member. Also, picked up nice blue for another member.

Going forward, I hope the video review of this equipment( ?? ), and this interesting trade half way around the world gets done sometime early next year.

Going into 2017, I said no more kettles as I had close to 20 kettles already.  Well! Looking back and reviewing year 2017, I am surprised how many more I have taken in this year. 

For fun, I decide to list my 2017 only.

- C&B Blue  3Gen Performer with gas assist.
- Red SSP. Fully restored with all new parts.
- Crimson 4Gen Performer.
- 18" faded WW
- 18" Red OTG
- 18" black 3 wheeler
- 18" black OTG
- AD welded handle 26"
- 18" Euro ( brought over from Germany ) Premium.
-C&B Green SJ
- Pat. Pending Red MBH
- John Deere Ed. Green Q2200
-Lime, and Blue and Orange Q1200
- Copper, and Midnight Blue SJ
- Blue Wave SJG
- 22" Brownie MBH
- 22" WSM
- Smoke Canadian MT
- Red LE
- Picked up few days ago.   22" black One Touch Platinum with 2 small side tables. Really cool with the lid handle at the front.

Mods and other kettle conversion and other accessories bought are not included here.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:38:38 AM by greenweb »

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 06:42:28 AM »
Told my full story in the Introduce yourself form but here's the short version.  I received my first Weber, a WSM 14.5 last Christmas and had my first smoke and cook with charcoal in January.  Eventually this inspired me to replace my gasser with a Kettle and I haven't looked back since.  I won't be building a collection for awhile with my wife back in school so I'll be focusing on the food in the coming year which is what it's all about for me anyway.  Learned alot from this site!

Here's my Crimson

And here is my 14.5 Tequila Cazadores WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »
...for only $220 total. ..

Oh, you kept track? That's nice BUT YER DOIN' IN WRONG.

:)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 06:53:18 AM »
@bear, the kind of machines there, that you trade or sell would turn most of us instead into hardcore hoarders. Just amazing.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 08:25:05 AM »
... joined and started collecting end of May this year. My first pick up and introduction was to @cellar2ful for my J code flat-top 26er with Smoke EZ. Here is my collection as of today...

I also picked up a beauty Pat number redhead from @cellar2ful his first rescue and restore...

... and had the honor and privilege of being included in the 2018 WKC calender

Pretty happy with my C code WSM as well.
Great year 2017 has been indeed...

I look forward to 2018 and what lies ahead. Happy grilling. Great group of grillfellas and gals I'm proud to share weberitis with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Reflecting on Weber Kettle year 2017
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 09:18:05 AM »
What a crazy year it’s been for me.  New girlfriend, new grills, new state.  I was back and forth between Phoenix and Denver most of the year until about a month ago when I made the permanent move to Denver.  This meant rounding up a few grills in Phoenix that had been stashed at a friends house since I didn’t have enough room at my place.

My first acquisition in Denver was an Avocado.  @greenweb hooked me up with an ash pan to return a favor I did for him earlier in the year.  Thanks again for that!

@Bob BQ  and I worked out a deal for a sidekick frame he had.  Thanks again Bob!

Then I got a 2001 green SSP.  @Troy sent me a 5th anniversary handle for it.  Thanks Troy!

Next I scored a 99 MT that was in amazing shape.  No rust on it anywhere. 

4th Denver grill was a red A code.  Not in the best shape but definitely a cooker

Acquired a ton of new shirts this year. Have MD, AZ and CO WKC shirts as well as these two.

Managed to cram my SNS, vortex and kettle pizza in a suitcase and fly it to Denver. (Plus my metal peel and about 8 wood peels.  Lol

Became a Weber Briquettes convert and managed to get griller of the week from Weber while doing it

Saw snow on my grills for the first time in many years.  Way too early I might add.  This was October 9th

My Ranch Kettle is now in my backyard and was used for Thanksgiving Turkey.

@AZRaptor helped with acquiring a Copper Premium that was in clearance at Walmart. Thank again Jeff!  I forgot to pack the ash catcher when I returned my first red LE so my Copper has it now!

Got a good one on my second attempt. Complete with @zavod44 custom handles

Received some great gifts from @inkaddictedchef1 and @weldboy

2 rivet handles from @weldboy went on my A code and my Cado and were very much needed!

Snagged a C code SJ for $15 then promptly put a nice handle on it.  I still need to clean up the grill but it’s in excellent shape

My AZ and CO family united at last.  Minus my Red LE, Copper and C Code SJ which joined the family a few days later. 

All of this while working on getting my girlfriends yard established....notice the progression of the grass as you scroll through the pics!  Definitely spent more on seed and fertilizer than I did on grills in 2017!

I almost forgot, Matt @inkaddictedchef1 scored a firepit for me!  He is still trying to figure out how to get it disassembled and boxed up!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:09:45 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 09:27:49 AM »
Told my full story in the Introduce yourself form but here's the short version.  I received my first Weber, a WSM 14.5 last Christmas and had my first smoke and cook with charcoal in January.  Eventually this inspired me to replace my gasser with a Kettle and I haven't looked back since.  I won't be building a collection for awhile with my wife back in school so I'll be focusing on the food in the coming year which is what it's all about for me anyway.  Learned alot from this site!

Here's my Crimson

And here is my 14.5 Tequila Cazadores WSM

Best thing about Weber is the most basic kettles will perform as great as the most deluxe,  there is nothing wrong with simple.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 12:00:41 PM »
@bear, the kind of machines there, that you trade or sell would turn most of us instead into hardcore hoarders. Just amazing.
It was an eye opening exercise to list, 3 more trades pending that are not on the list also. Can't wait until I can post the incoming grills for 2018....

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »
@LightningBoldtz great thread
@harris92 mesmerizing

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 12:40:09 PM »

I am very new to this collecting thing , started early 2017 when I stumbled across my redhead and found this form. And the more I read and looked the more and more I loved it . So like any newbie I started to look around . And this is what I have gathered so far .  Minus one or two I sold or gave away. And not counting a gasser . ( don’t really like gas ) . I don’t have anything super old but it’s not a bad little collection so far. Thank you guys for a awesome learning experience , and much more to come .
It’s nice to come here and “ get away” !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »

( forgot one ) [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 07:16:21 AM »
At first I could only think of two acquisitions, but them I looked back through my pictures and realized it's been a pretty crazy year.

Not pictured I picked up a 18.5 Chocolate MBH to round out the Chief/Warrior/Brave trio. A couple months later I grabbed a 22.5 Lime MBH. Also grabbed a N-Code dark green 22.5 and a Copper SJG.
I had a couple grills pass through my possession to other members (An SJP and a Steelers SJ).

My most challenging reescue/restore was my C-Code CGA which was bought at an estate auction across the country.

And finally the one that stands out is the Chestnut-Coppertone that I am currently working to restore.

Next year we may move so the size of the herd may have to move in the opposite direction :(
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 05:43:01 PM »
Sold my 2016 Performer with gas assist for a 2014 26 Mini Ranch which I love. Bought a new 2017/16 Genny 310 in Crimson.  Found a Q2200 with folding cart for $20 which my friend was the agent on and then she gave it to me as a house warming gift and finally found a score of a 2010 26’r for $50 and it came with 2 bags of KBB and a charcoal chimney. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app