Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Got myself a new "E" code 22" red kettle!  (Read 887 times)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
Got myself a new "E" code 22" red kettle!
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
I've been lucky enough to pickup a few cool things recently.  Kettle Karma shone brightly on me when @603kettle helped agent a Simpsons SJ for me.  Lost out on a blue 18 Sam Adams but found it again shortly thereafter on ebay and got that delivered to the house.  Then last week I grabbed a weathered but usable SSP that needs some work; and now last night I scored an E code red head!  This one will need some work as well and not sure when I'll have a chance to get to it....might be projects for the spring time but we'll see.  Any advice or tips on what I can do for the damage/rust to the bowl?  This is the first kettle I've received with the twist style ash pan....I was surprised to see it also has the clips used for the modern ash pans.  Is that correct or did the former owner cobble some stuff together perhaps?

And the whole gang (minus the SSP and Simpsons SJ) out on the deck

Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Got myself a new "E" code 22" red kettle!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »
That's a very nice collection.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 02:26:08 PM »
Congrats brother. Grate score.Get her cleaned up and start cooking on her.

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »
[emoji41][emoji106]🏾[emoji106]🏾

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »
Nice E code!! Yes the clips came out in 1980 for the rolled lip twist pans and were originally to be used as “hold down” clips to be mounted above the ash pan. When Weber redesigned to the full disc pans in 1987 the hold down clips would move below the pan to hold it up. The twist pans were known to “untwist” and fly off in high winds... sweet red!

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 03:44:58 AM »
Nice E code!! Yes the clips came out in 1980 for the rolled lip twist pans and were originally to be used as “hold down” clips to be mounted above the ash pan. When Weber redesigned to the full disc pans in 1987 the hold down clips would move below the pan to hold it up. The twist pans were known to “untwist” and fly off in high winds... sweet red!

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.
Ah gotcha....good to know they should be there!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!