Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotiserrie size  (Read 1463 times)

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
Rotiserrie size
« on: November 04, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »
With Thanksgiving coming up looking at possibly doing a turkey rotisserie style but need to pick up a rotisserie.  I have 22" and a 26" kettles and was wondering if there is a good reason to get the larger rotisserie kit from Cajun Bandit for the 26" instead of the 22"?  It looks like with the 22" you can do two chickens at one time or a large 20lb turkey which is about the biggest thing I think I would use it for.  Not sure why a person would need the extra room on the 26" while using the rotisserie or what other advantages of using it on the 26" are.  The major advantage on the 22" seems like lower fuel costs and the smaller rotisserie kit costs less.  Appreciate any input. 
Thanks.

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Re: Rotiserrie size
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
I would agree with you and would choose the rotisserie setup for the standard 22-1/2" kettle.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Rotiserrie size
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »
I have a 26” rotisserie...I love it. The CB 22” is stainless steel and the CB 26” is powder coated.

If you use your 22” more, get a 22” rotisserie. I use my 26” for nearly everything...which is why I got that one.

Why go bigger? If you want to do a suckling pig or 3-4 chickens at a time, the 26” roti will accommodate.

Unless you use it everyday, don’t worry about fuel consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
Man that 26 looks good with the rotisserie kit on it.  Can you cook anything else while the rotisserie is going?  Also does the Kettle extension part also allow to add another shelf when not being used with the rotisserie?

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »
Like @Mike in Roseville, I do virtually all of my cooking on the 26er, so I went with the Cajun Bandit Roti.

Last weekend I picked up a whole boneless pork loin at Sam's.  Half of it became a roti pork roast.  The other half became seven nice thick boneless chops that were smoked while the roast was spinning.  The chops were on the cooler side of the grill, away from the Slow n' Sear, so they were almost cold-smoked.  Now they are individually vac sealed and are now resting in the freezer.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

denhart

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 08:53:42 AM »
I have done a lot of chickens and turkeys on my 22 kettle with the cajun bandit and they have turned out great. never used a roti. Is it worth getting one, are they that much better ??? Thanks in advance.

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 09:13:54 AM »
They are expensive but in my opinion, if you have the cash, yes they are worth it. You can do a nice job without one, yes! But I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »
I have to agree with @Joetee.

So I have done chickens and turkeys on a kettle with good results. I have even been a proponent of beer-can chicken in the past. One of the best chickens I have ever cooked (according to my wife) was a beer-can chicken on a 22” a few years back.

The first chicken on the CB rotisserie changed everything.

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 04:57:04 AM »

Rotisserie chicken is the best in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
Rotiserrie size
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 07:44:04 AM »
Thanks for everyones input. I just ordered the Cajun Bandit rotisserie kit for the 22”.

Between the CB and Weber kit liked the CB cordless motor that you can also purchase an AC adapter for if needed. Also I think the Weber ring can be prone to chipping where the CB stainless ring doesn’t chip since I may be stored off the BBQ at times.

Now I have to figure out how to do the Turkey and possibly a Ham on the rotisserie at the same time....damn probably should’ve bought the 26”.  [emoji2]

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 10:03:23 PM »
I've been looking at that CB 26 Rotiserrie too. Don't really want one for the Performer or WSM 22. Problem is that I don't even have a 26 yet.  :)
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
Rotiserrie size
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 06:45:29 AM »
I've been looking at that CB 26 Rotiserrie too. Don't really want one for the Performer or WSM 22. Problem is that I don't even have a 26 yet.  :)

If I also had the WSM 22 (I have an 18) seems like the 22 rotisserie would be the way to go because then the same Cajun Bandit 22 rotisserie kit could do double duty on both the 22 kettle AND the 22 WSM.  Just my not fully researched 2 cents because I haven't actually used the rotisserie yet on the kettle or a WSM, and not even sure how good the rotisserie is on a WSM, but if it is good on the WSM I would really like the idea of being able to use it on both cookers.

Enjoy that future 26 you will be picking up.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:23:32 AM by foshizzle »