Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need suggestions - Pork Loin and Beef Tenderlion  (Read 1077 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Need suggestions - Pork Loin and Beef Tenderlion
« on: October 13, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
I'm cooking for a friends party tomorrow and am looking for some guidance.  I have a pork loin and a beef tenderloin in addition to two chickens and jalapeno poppers.  I've got the chicken and poppers covered.  My question is how to do the pork and the beef.  I am thinking I want to smoke, then sous vide, then sear.  I want to do it this way so I can capture a lot of the juice from the meats during the sous portion of the cook.  My question is, how should I go about smoking it?  I'm thinking if I smoke around 250 I'm not going to be able to smoke it for more than an hour and half or I am going to be approaching my final done temp.  Should I smoke them for 2-3 hours at as low of a temp as I can get?  I'm thinking 175-195ish?  I just realized I am out of pellets or I would just use my smoking tube and smoke them for about an hour, stick back in the fridge a while and repeat that a few times.

Pork loin is 7.5 pounds, the beef tenderloin is 3.5 pounds.  I guess I've also got to figure out how I'm going to sous vide both since they need to be at different temps.  Maybe do both at 135 for 4-6 hours, then put the pork loin on the grill indirect to get it up to 140 or 145 before searing it.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
Re: Need suggestions - Pork Loin and Beef Tenderlion
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 11:50:48 AM »
I also have an injector, so if anyone has any injection suggestions I'm open to that as well!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:00:58 PM »
Is the rotisserie out of the question?  You can add wood as needed for smoke and spinning meat should be great results.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »
Is the rotisserie out of the question?  You can add wood as needed for smoke and spinning meat should be great results.

Not necessarily, but I will have two chickens going on the rotisserie, and I really want to sous vide for part of the cook so I can keep the juice from the meats to pour over the sliced meat right before serving.

I just watch the video David and Justin did (Adrenaline BBQ - aka Slow N Sear) on the sous vide then reverse seared tri tip, so I think I might do it that way.  Until I watched the video I assumed they sous vide, let it cool a little bit then seared.  What they actually did was sous vide, ice bath so it was cold, then cooked it indirect to get it back up to almost done temp then seared.  I think I am going to do it this way, or a variation of it.  Will probably do the indirect portion smoking temps.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »
I've only done sous vide and then sear or a brief smoke, with good results. Some prefer the reverse order, but I've never tried it. Let us know how it turned out.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie