Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thermoworks Smoke Thermometer and Holster  (Read 5092 times)

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Thermoworks Smoke Thermometer and Holster
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 07:58:16 AM »
@Schaefd2 So I posted and then went back and updated the mention on the browser. If I want to take the time and tag someone I will post and then open up in safari to get mention to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:00:56 AM by mhiszem »
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: Thermoworks Smoke Thermometer and Holster
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
@mhiszem tricky tricky!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »
Where did you purchase yours? I've been looking at these but it seems you can only get them from thermoworks is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PorkPatrol

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 03:59:14 PM »

Where did you purchase yours? I've been looking at these but it seems you can only get them from thermoworks is that correct?

Yes that's correct! Thermoworks maintains quality control through the vetting of their distributors. You may be able to pick up their gear at physical locations but definitely not on Amazon. Their customer service is great and for the few bucks of shipping, I'd still prefer to go throw them!

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 06:11:40 PM »

Yes that's correct! Thermoworks maintains quality control through the vetting of their distributors. You may be able to pick up their gear at physical locations but definitely not on Amazon. Their customer service is great and for the few bucks of shipping, I'd still prefer to go throw them!
Thanks, I use amazon for most things because 2 day shipping is Awesome! I'll order the smoke through thermoworks

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 10:44:16 AM »

Thanks, I use amazon for most things because 2 day shipping is Awesome! I'll order the smoke through thermoworks

Most of my thermoworks orders arrive in 2-3 days depending on what time of day I place the order.  The also include a little bag of Jelly Belly's so that's a plus!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:30 AM »

Most of my thermoworks orders arrive in 2-3 days depending on what time of day I place the order.  The also include a little bag of Jelly Belly's so that's a plus!
Lol that's good to know! I still haven't ordered one but will be soon hopefully.

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 07:55:21 AM »

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
My thermoworks smoke reads 209 when water is boiling but 32.7 in the ice bath. Should I recalibrate or leave alone?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 09:02:03 AM »
I don't know what their tolerance percentages are, but those numbers aren't actually far enough away to make any difference for BBQ or grilling meats or veggies. There are way too many other variables to consider.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 09:04:16 AM »
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »
Yeah I read the calibration that said 1.8 +- of 32 which I am but a few nights ago when I received it I used it on a hotdish in the oven and it was  50 degrees off when the hotdish was done. I'm wondering if I have a bad probe?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »
I don’t know. I’d probably call Thermoworks and ask their support folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 10:49:03 AM »
I was looking at one of these today since they are on sale.

It is too bad that they do not offer the smoke in a WiFi-only package where you get the gateway instead of the proprietary receiver. Apparently, you can use just the wifi bridge then you can throw the other controller in a drawer and never use it.
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
My Maverick probe took it's yearly dump so I decided to get the Smoke.  I have been really happy with my Thermopen and Dot.  Man the Smoke is nice.  If I had one complaint it's the lanyard, just not my thing. The curved base does not allow it to be standing either.  So I took the little metal wire bracket off my Maveric before I threw it away and glued it to the battery cover, works awesome now.