Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What model is this  (Read 2414 times)

Joetee

• WKC Brave
Re: What model is this
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
Just remember that we all have jobs and a busy life outside of the WKC. The mods do a great job on these forums and it's on their own spare time for free (time isn't free by the way). I think we are really lucky to have the knowledge sharing and helpfulness here. A separate section for questions? Not sure it would make things any faster and I think response times are pretty damn good for forums on the Web.  It might be better to have a FAQ section that has all the answers newer members might be searching for. Date codes, dictionary, model names and numbers, colors and years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only problem I have is having to scroll through all the "look what I scored". I'm not a collector. So i think it would be nice to have all that in a seperate area. I enjoy how to's. Helping others and getting help. I enjoy recipes which should also be in a seperate area. I don't know. It just seems like everything is all mixed together instead of septated in separate threads or areas. I look at every post in the unread area because I can't just look through the area of interest.
Am I doing something wrong?
Oh and I use the app on my phone because I don't have a computer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »
Just remember that we all have jobs and a busy life outside of the WKC. The mods do a great job on these forums and it's on their own spare time for free (time isn't free by the way). I think we are really lucky to have the knowledge sharing and helpfulness here. A separate section for questions? Not sure it would make things any faster and I think response times are pretty damn good for forums on the Web.  It might be better to have a FAQ section that has all the answers newer members might be searching for. Date codes, dictionary, model names and numbers, colors and years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only problem I have is having to scroll through all the "look what I scored". I'm not a collector. So i think it would be nice to have all that in a seperate area. I enjoy how to's. Helping others and getting help. I enjoy recipes which should also be in a seperate area. I don't know. It just seems like everything is all mixed together instead of septated in separate threads or areas. I look at every post in the unread area because I can't just look through the area of interest.
Am I doing something wrong?
Oh and I use the app on my phone because I don't have a computer.

Joetee, I think the issue you have is caused by the App you are using, or more correctly, the way you are using it.     The "Unread" function in that app aggregates everything.    See if I can do this without screen shots.   Scroll up to the top of the App page you normally look at.  There should be an arrow on the top left (point to the left),  then "Weber Kettle Club", then a looking glass, icon.

Just under that, there are 4 icons.  The 2nd from the left has 3 vertical dots and 3 horizontal lines.    Click on that.   It will show you the different subforums/sections that are here.   For example, there's a section called "Cooking & Food Talk"   Inside it, there are two subforums, "Charcoal Grilling & BBQ" and "Pizza Forum"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 04:50:21 PM »
If it helps, I paid $40 for my first black one. $20 for a blue with 1/2 a table. Moved the table to the blue, and gave away the black.
Still need a 22” yellow

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 05:29:17 PM »
Yes I really like this forum also. I just wish there were a seperate section for people asking questions.

Questions.........questions..............
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »
OTP.   A little pricey at 80 and a broken table.  Plus look closely.   Its been infected with lighter fluid.  The table can be replaced but you would have to upgrade to the steel table unless you happen to find a donor...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
OTP.   A little pricey at 80 and a broken table.  Plus look closely.   Its been infected with lighter fluid.  The table can be replaced but you would have to upgrade to the steel table unless you happen to find a donor...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I'm guessing the lighter fluid would burn off if any is remaining during the first cook. Right?
I have another table top, (plastic).
But I already have one with gas assist and a regular kettle. I just don't see a need for a third unless the price is good.

AnyThingGrilled

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
As a new collector, I think it would be helpful for all the colors to be added to one page for identifying them. There are several shades of greens and mists from first glance that can be hard to identify. My 2 cents....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club