Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Keep Grilling Alive  (Read 2079 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: Keep Grilling Alive
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 06:37:05 PM »
Thanks guys. @1buckie that's great you're giving back like that. Good stuff!
I have not approached Weber. I did approach Kingsford 2 years ago about supplying us with a pallet of charcoal and being the official charcoal of our Grilling Garden, and they sent me a few $3.00 off coupons. Score lol!
@Kneab the CL idea is good but we just don't see many charcoal Webers for sale here cheap.
@crowderjd thanks buddy. Sounds like you had it going on. And you're right, some things they just.don't.get. It's mind blowing some times.
@BillA from CA we were written up in the local paper, and then written about in an Orlando market weekend magazine. If I go for some Webers I'll likely go through DonorsChoose.org again. They are the group I used the first time to get funded. Hopefully they include Webers in their approved shopping section. Here's our original request:
https://www.donorschoose.org/project/nobody-has-ever-done-this-before-at-scho/1377669/?rf=page-siteshare-2017-07-project-teacher_2569021&challengeid=20490261

In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 07:06:01 PM »
I applaud your efforts Sir.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 09:57:13 PM »
As a person who has done respite care for younger adults and worked in schools with students who have special needs, I am loving this story Rub!

I once worked with a guy my age who was on the spectrum. One of the many things we worked on...was cooking. I taught him how to make and grill hamburgers from scratch. His mom was so proud that he made dinner for the entire family. And she said they were fantastic to boot!

Thank you for empowering others. Great job Rub!

noles2g

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 06:54:16 AM »
Very cool and inspirational Rub!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app