Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Canada Day Visit Delayed  (Read 2102 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Canada Day Visit Delayed
« on: July 04, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »
This is the 3rd year in a row that MacEggs has come for a Canada Day visit. It falls on July 1st but this years visit was delayed till yesterday.

My 62 Wood Dale Harris gifted me.....Mac and I believe there is more orange peel action on the bowl versus the lid. This is the Kettle I used steel wool and barkeepers friend on.....I now call the Kettle Gorbachev.....while marred it is still a beautiful thing.....the spot can be seen on the lid far left:

MacEggs making breakfast:

MacEggs showed up with a hunk of metal and a cutter to fashion me a attachment for my pizza setup:

I just had to make a dough and test it out. Oh BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

That is some serious heat boys....very serious........the first pizza was done in about a minute. Here is me making the second pie immediately after the first one came out of the Kettle:

The first pie is on the left:

We left the Kettles outside last night. Unfortunately someone came and helped themselves to a couple Kettles. Mac only brought one and it is now gone. We are now missing a Custom Meat Kettle and a Wood Dale Glen Blue.....there was a slow and sear in one and a vortex in the other. I am not saying we need a gofundus campaign or any such thing @pbe gummi bear or need someone to show up with replacements @greenweb ....but MacEggs agrees with me in that we would cry real good if that happened. We would in fact cry like litte girls for days and days....just sayin'.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:05:30 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Canada Day Visit Delayed
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »
Nice job, Hoss and Mac. You can start your own gofundme for the meat kettle. Lol.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »
Nice job, Hoss and Mac. You can start your own gofundme for the meat kettle. Lol.

Grate just great. Grate. Where's the love? Great.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 05:35:49 PM »
mine are all outside I'm gonna chain them to the fence and put bells on them

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »
Wow looks like a great get together. Is the deflector on top of the kettlepizza a sheet of stainless cut to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »
Wow looks like a great get together. Is the deflector on top of the kettlepizza a sheet of stainless cut to fit?

Yes. It is a custom cut deflector made out of aluminum. I was using firebricks directly over the portion where the splits go and heavy duty aluminum foil over the pizza stone. This deflector is significantly lighter, offers better coverage and will not disintegrate like aluminum foil will.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 06:35:39 AM »
Ahhh ok @MrHoss that makes sense. Will definitely hold up better. Lots of great ideas for pizzas lately. Need to make some time.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »

Grate just great. Grate. Where's the love? Great.
I can send you a bunch of Canadian Tire money.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »
Damn nice job fella's! Hope you had a great weekend 🇨🇦
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »
Look's Great guy's, everything look's awesome!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 07:19:37 AM »

It was great!  Thank you brother Hoss.  Pizza was a grate way to end the get-together …  :D :D 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »
Looks like you guys had a great visit!

I particularly like the breakfast on the kettle.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »
Bunch of really nice shots guys.  Lot of great looking food and kettles!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »
 Looking great guys! I missed out this year but maybe next year. I will bring a kettle for you.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
Very nice collection of kettles you have @MrHoss  I'd have a difficult time deciding which one to use! It looks like it was a perfect day up there and you guys had a great time hanging out cookin!