Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gen 2 swap  (Read 1571 times)

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Gen 2 swap
« on: June 26, 2017, 12:18:55 PM »
I picked up a black Gen2 "DZ" performer a cpl yrs ago and had been looking for a redhead to swap into it. Friday I picked up a "ER" redmist SSP. Frame is roached but the bowl and lid are super straight.  One thumbnail sized mark in the bowl and a near perfect lid. After a razor scrape and some WD40 to loosen up what I thought was a trashed cleaning  system I gave her a quick once over swapped her in. The burner tube was still in nice shape so for now it's swapped over with the tube and SSP gallon propane tank. Love the look and added height of the Gen2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:31:38 PM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Gen 2 swap
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:38:21 PM »
That is awesome Scott!  I hope it changes color when it is hot like my ER does!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
Looks grate!!!  I know there are some members here who will consider the separation of a red SSP as sacrilege, but I think the red kettle looks damn good in a gen.2 frame.

Just did the same swap on Saturday. Upgraded to the metal table & new gen. lid bale assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
Looks killer with that cherry red grill on it. Got the GA rocking the red too.

I assume the frame on the G1 was toast.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:59 PM »
Looks grate!!!  I know there are some members here who will consider the separation of a red SSP as sacrilege, but I think the red kettle looks damn good in a gen.2 frame.

Just did the same swap on Saturday. Upgraded to the metal table & new gen. lid bale assembly.

That's one of the reasons I left the burner tube and regulator in place. I do have another SSP frame underwraps with a roached green bowl in it. I might drop her back in that frame at a later date but for now I'm diggin' the new addition to the deck.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 04:09:37 AM »
Nice!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 05:39:14 AM »
That's one of the reasons I left the burner tube and regulator in place. I do have another SSP frame underwraps with a roached green bowl in it. I might drop her back in that frame at a later date but for now I'm diggin' the new addition to the deck.
Maybe a nice blue kettle will pop up for that SSP frame. Then you can leave that red where it belongs.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 06:00:45 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown   I do own a Blue SSP which I just LOVE. Another reason the Gen2 is rockin' the red      8)

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 06:29:28 AM »
Very nice. IMO, the SSP looks best in blue.