Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Seasoning my brand new kettle  (Read 2073 times)

bmcneely51

• WKC Brave
Seasoning my brand new kettle
« on: June 05, 2017, 05:38:21 AM »
Just scored a brand new in box black Mastertouch for $129!! We have a bargain hunt superstore that gets slightly imperfect items, so a lot of times you can get some killer deals. Anyhow, what is the best way to season my kettle before I do the first cook??

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
Re: Seasoning my brand new kettle
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 05:50:00 AM »
no seasoning necessary 

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:51:26 AM »
I also bought a Weber Mastertouch Grill last year but not like your "killer deal". 

I did a full load of charcoal in my Weber Charcoal Starter for a full-burn with the Grill Grate and seasoned-it with a variety of BBQ Rubs and other Spices tossed directly on the fire.

I followed the advice from some Forum Members that a Full-Burn is necessary to remove any possible "Gunk" left by the Weber Factory.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:55:12 AM by tibas92017 »

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 05:54:54 AM »
You mean: what's the best way to season DURING the first cook!  I say cook what you like - a big load of wings and poppers would do a good job of adding some character, but a pork shoulder or a couple fatties can't be beat either. Either way, one cook won't do it, so plan the next ten or twenty cooks in advance, and keep it busy.
Retired

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 06:37:25 AM »
Season it with a little garlic salt and pepper. Just make sure there are burgers on your virgin grate and a cold beverage in your hand. Enjoy!

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »
   I'm on the side that says a kettle does not need seasoning just wash and oil the food grate have fun.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.