Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow and Sear stays hot longer even after shutdown  (Read 968 times)

BlueKettle

• Smokey Joe
Slow and Sear stays hot longer even after shutdown
« on: May 30, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
The wife got me a Slow N Sear for my birthday last week. Used it this weekend to smoke a bone in turkey breast and omg, it was easily the best breast I've ever smoked (prior experience was using both the charcoal baskets and the snake method). I couldn't get over how much more moist and juicy the bird was compared to prior attempts even though I used water pans previously.

One thing though, has anyone noticed the grill staying hot a lot longer with the SnS? Usually I shut the bottom and the top vent and after maybe an hour the lid thermometer will drop significantly. But with the SnS the lid still read around 200 degrees Fahrenheit 4-5 hours later (having smoked at 225-250 range for the most part). Seemed noteworthy. I have no idea how that would be true beyond somehow sort of providing additional "insulation" or a heat sink to hold additional heat in the bowl.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:51:38 PM by BlueKettle »

Homerdog

• WKC Brave
Re: Slow and Sear stays hot longer even after shutdown
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »
Yes, I have noticed my grill taking longer to cool down, since I have started using my SnS.