Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone else think ash catcher being redesigned?  (Read 1902 times)

butkusrules

• Smokey Joe
Anyone else think ash catcher being redesigned?
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:35:23 PM »
Seems all kettles with that ash catcher are on sale with the company's blessing. I bet they are redesigning it significantly enough that they need to clear out current/older models.
Why else would these two models (master touch and gold) go on sale?

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Anyone else think ash catcher being redesigned?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »
Seems all kettles with that ash catcher are on sale with the company's blessing. I bet they are redesigning it significantly enough that they need to clear out current/older models.
Why else would these two models (master touch and gold) go on sale?
could be or maybe there trying to clear stock for a new run of colors late this year? I mean the limited red is gonna drop right? maybe we see a run of old colors again. a new avocado or robins egg would be sick

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
The green is not on sale.  The price on Amazon has it at $143 down from $149, not really a sale.  New colors would be exciting but I'm not holding my breath.

As far as it being the ash catchers that would apply to all charcoal grills including the performers. 

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 04:28:39 PM »
Something is up because there's no way that one Ace hardware can sell summit charcoal for 999 and 1499 when everyone ales is $500 more. Maybe that just hasn't caught up to the rest of everyone yet

The copper is on special too but I didn't try the green on lowes yet

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 04:33:43 PM »
Green not on sale at lowes either

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »
Im not seeing the weber kettles on sale.

Can you share some data points
Grills

Jacmac422

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
The sale on the summit I was told is because they are not selling

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2015 original kettle premium copper
2015 original kettle black
197? pat-pending red

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
Not much of sale and nothing to do with colors. Even if they are clearing them out at 50%, IMO, ash catcher will remain same for another 10 years or more looking back at the previous design changes and trends.

We have seen much bigger sales before on the master touch at $99, WSM at half price( I think they were clearing them out at $199) and Walmart huge clearances on Weber products over last 4 to 5 months( eg. deluxe Pizza kettle at $40, wsm, and kettles, etc.) ... how do you account for all those big sales including half decent sale on summits. Not to mention these sales on OTG and MT are not that huge.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:57:26 PM by greenweb »

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
Greenweb

True there are close outs every year that trump this. But it's my understanding that Weber has MAP thus price protection and this is prime season for moving grills so it is curious that they would have some discounts right now. Even the Genesis discounts last year I don't believe came until late July or august

Both lowes and amazon are discounting the grills

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »
Maybe they noticed sales down this year and with the BBQ season kicking off on Memorial day they discounted the black grills to spur sales.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 03:24:33 AM »
nitis,

I am thinking like Vwbuggin64. Nothing more than an early sales. Nothing too exciting in my point of view.

butkusrules

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 04:41:08 AM »
nitis,

I am thinking like Vwbuggin64. Nothing more than an early sales. Nothing too exciting in my point of view.

Those sales before usually had to do with new models. Wasn't WSM sale to make room for the new model with the temp grommet. The Genesis was for Genesis II, and other sales were color related as far a I remember.  Other than that I think they were sales based specifically on the individual Large Box store inventory reduction requirements and those were store specific.
Here we have 2 large box stores with same reduced pricing on a staple product in colors that are not going to change. Black isn't going being phased out. If not the ash catcher than something else. As far as Green not being discounted, maybe their stock is low already on that less popular color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 05:49:07 AM »
butkusrules,

We all know how the new ash pan on a OTS will look like. We have seen it on the upcoming black and red OTS with dog bowl like ash pan and few other cosmetic changes. I personally don't like it but some of you might. As for the enclosed  ash bucket, I don't think it will change at all. 

So, there is no big surprise if new OTS comes out with a new bowl which I don't like. Besides most of us use ash bucket kettles. So..... what was the question?

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 07:34:51 AM »
Could the wheels be changing too?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
Upcoming red OTS? How do you know OTS will be offered in red? Aint havin no dog bowl ash pan on one of my kettles!