Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Time Restore  (Read 3733 times)

LicenseToGrill

• Smokey Joe
Re: First Time Restore
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 06:12:54 AM »
Leg cap = done.   :)

Hopefully this should be the last road block.  I am in need of the somewhat older (maybe a few years old) ash catcher pan for use with my 1995 ash catcher ring.  I ordered one from eReplacementParts.com but what came was NOT what was pictured on the web site.  The picture was of the somewhat older model.  What they sent was the brand new model.  I'm sure as no surprise to everyone here, but the new style ash catcher pan does not fit in the the older style ash catcher ring.

So, my question to the forum is where have folks found the older style ash catcher pan for sale?  Again just the previous model to the current model, so not very old.

My preference is to purchase a new ash catcher pan.  I am aware of the threads about modifying newer ash catcher rings to fit on the older grill, but I really want to keep my original ash catcher ring.

Thanks in advance!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: First Time Restore
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 06:36:01 AM »
@LicenseToGrill -  Are you going for a true restore of just trying to make the grill usable?  If you check your PM's I'm in Denver this week and brought the ash ring crossbar with me that I've been promising you.  However, if you aren't able to find an older ash pan, you could always get the new ash ring and catcher and install that.  It won't clip onto the legs like it would a new grill, but with a few easy modification options it works just fine.  Also, since I have been in Denver, I have seen all kinds of crazy deals on grills.  You might be able to pick up a grill with an older style ash catcher fairly cheap.

Here is the link to my ash catcher upgrade/modification.  Mine is a permanent way of doing it.  Some people are doing it in less permanent ways like using hose clamps or trimming the leg tabs so that the do clip in.  FYI -  I you look at the pics in my ash catcher mod, that is the cross bar I have for you, but it was soaked in CLR and is in much better shape than that picture makes it look.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!