Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun bandit door never ceases to amaze  (Read 13394 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cajun bandit door never ceases to amaze
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2017, 02:28:47 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:20:35 PM by toolhead »
Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2017, 02:32:30 AM »
Btw to others considering scratch n dent...given this doir dies not hang in the door chamber like stock one...you will scratch yours eventually...i a cidentally dropped mine when leaving it to hang and it fell and offered a few surface scratches....

Their scratch n dents are a really good value...to me they seem to be returns
Grills

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2017, 02:37:38 AM »

Geezus I just tried to order a door for my 22.5" WSM and they are charging $1000 to ship it to Canada! WTF! Anybody else in Canada ever order one of these?

That can't be right. I would try and contact them and find out what the deal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

abett

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2017, 03:54:22 AM »
Does the CB door come with the latch or do you have to purchase that separately?

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2017, 05:10:14 AM »

Does the CB door come with the latch or do you have to purchase that separately?

You can buy door only or as a package. I highly recommend getting it with the latch.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »

Id save money anf buy the scratch n dent . Approx 25 bucks shipped...you can swap your factory latch...i did with mine.
The scratch n dent i got still had factory sticker on the outside face of the door anf the inside only had a visble scratch on the inside...which im not concerned about...it disappeared after my first cook and i dont look at the inside of the door..

Btw the scratch was only a light surface scratch...couldnt even catch my fingernail on it....
Grills

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
The old latch sucks.  Buy the new door with the latch.  You will not regret it.  Trust me.  It is awesome.

Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

shock_me

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2017, 08:32:19 AM »
Just getting back to this thread after an unexpected hiatus. Just wanted to thank toolhead for his original offer to ship me a new CB door to help me save on shipping costs to Canada.

Pete

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 12:06:57 PM »
I am getting a door with latch today.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

bkeaver

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2018, 06:36:38 PM »
So do you need the gaskets with the CB door? Or does the door seal good enough without gaskets.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2018, 06:45:22 PM »
Hell no. No gasket.

bkeaver

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »
Ok ty. I didn't think so but thought I'd ask to make sure.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Cajun bandit door never ceases to amaze
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2018, 07:23:54 PM »
My response was coming from a completely drunk state of mind but solid advice none the less. I will attempt a more insightful response. I have the 18.5 wsm and got the door and latch. It wasn’t a perfect seal but a huge improvement over factory.  My control over temperature greatly improved and I do highly recommend the door and latch

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2018, 10:26:01 PM »
I got my door and latch the same day I got my WSM. A quick caution, remove the door when moving the cooker. I also got the CB wheels and cylinder lock and when I was rolling it around testing the wheels the steel door chipped both sides on the bottom of where the door is. Theres two quarter size pieces of porcelain missing now. It makes sense though, the door is some heavy duty stuff. Maybe a little to heavy.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bkeaver

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2018, 03:46:53 AM »
My response was coming from a completely drunk state of mind but solid advice none the less. I will attempt a more insightful response. I have the 18.5 wsm and got the door and latch. It wasn’t a perfect seal but a huge improvement over factory.  My control over temperature greatly improved and I do highly recommend the door and latch

Lol it's all good on the previous response. Thanks for adding to it. I ordered mine shortly after you replied last night, with latch. I have a 22.5 and haven't fired it up yet. Got it on Wednesday, still getting things together on it to improve with suggestions from various people on here. I'm planning on firing it up this weekend provided the wind died down some.