Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jumbo joe premium abomination  (Read 4065 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Jumbo joe premium abomination
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
Abomination is the correct word!

@johnny 2 shack LOL
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »
I like that Kraft OTG. Nice deep red. Is the triangle black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 03:51:41 AM »
I'm seeing people picking them up at Wal-Mart for as little as $17! I got a freebie and used it for parts for some projects!

It's pretty much built for grilling. Everything is bolt on and the handles are specific to this grill. Molded grate holders.

I chopped it for a Cajun Bandit/Drum Smoker add-on "Larry Beercan Mod"

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 07:38:12 AM »
preschool class photo of baby motherships with a bank of gassers to keep em warm lol . (i would stop to pick one of those off the curb no problem

That's funny!!!!!!

From what I hear these are great high heat direct cookers since the coal grate is closer to the cooking grate than other models.  Might be a great grill for us Sous Vide guys that fire up the grill for 1-2 minutes of searing.  (and yes, I know about using my chimney with a grate over it for searing)
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

davekkk

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 10:30:07 AM »
Does Walmart sell these preassembled? That is quite the army of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »
My local Walmart has an OTS labeled as a jumbo Joe Premium for $68.  I'm so tempted to buy it since it's $30 off regular price but I don't really need it other than I would like to have the lid for when I'm using my Vortex which has already started to melt the plastic handle on the lid of my Performer.

I also thought about buying it and using it as a dedicated grill for my Kettle Pizza since all I have left of my Weber kettles are my two performers which I don't want to have to remove the lid bales to prevent the plastic rollers from melting every time I want to make pizza's.

I actually almost bought it tonight but talked myself out of it since I'm trying to downgrade some of my stuff and not buy more.

Wayne

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 06:03:22 PM »
I almost bought one of these last year. There was an ad on craigslist for a used one that was only $10, but I held back.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 06:26:18 PM »
For $10 I would probably have bought it.  If I didn't have to drive very far.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »
For $10 it's a good pizza and wing cooker.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Jumbo joe premium abomination
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »
These could be a serious grail in 30 years.  Nothing special and everyone hates them aside from they are pure budget cookers.  Maybe step up from a smokey joe (not as attractive of course), a step down from an 18" otg, and "the regular jumbo joes legs are too short..why'd I want that? This is the premium!"  Cook on them and trash them.  Then we all start to rethink everything.  There is a European model of this IIRC.  But no colors.  Anyways.

Kind of kidding kind of not.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:49:19 PM by blksabbath »

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 07:44:27 AM »
My local Walmart has an OTS labeled as a jumbo Joe Premium for $68.  I'm so tempted to buy it since it's $30 off regular price but I don't really need it other than I would like to have the lid for when I'm using my Vortex which has already started to melt the plastic handle on the lid of my Performer.

Same thing at my local Walmart only it was on a OTG (premium) kettle.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 07:09:30 PM »

If that price would have been on the OTG, I would have bought it for sure.  I still might pick up the OTS if it's still there on Friday.

Wayne

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
See! That's the problem with you "muricans"

All you do is whine & bitch because  we here in Canada get some coloured Mastertouch's like the Euros have, and you don't

So now, you have this exclusive grill that the euro's have and we don't get in Canada... and you still complain.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2017, 12:02:05 AM »
I'm not complaining, and I'd be happy to agent for you if you want one of those things.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »

I did end up buying the OTS for the Jumbo Joe Premium price.  It's going to be my dedicated grill for my Vortex and Kettle Pizza.  I will probably also use it for the Slow N Sear and Drip N Griddle.  Now I don't have to worry about melting things on my Performers.

Wayne