Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "sumpthin's happnin' here, what it is ain't exactly clear"  (Read 2535 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
"sumpthin's happnin' here, what it is ain't exactly clear"
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:15:40 PM »
Theres a man with a cutoff tool over there, tellin' me I got to beware

everybody look whats goin' down

Whats next??? Stay tuned!

It's still kind of an RRR, or is it??

STILL LOOKING FOR THOSE RUSTBUCKET RED 18'S!!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: "sumpthin's happnin' here, what it is ain't exactly clear"
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:25:22 PM »
Oh no. That beercan dude off of facebook done corrupted you. That guy runs around cutting the bottoms off of bowls all over the place. He got to you?

Food looks good though.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:44:58 PM »
I'm liking what you are doing!!!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »
Oh no. That beercan dude off of facebook done corrupted you. That guy runs around cutting the bottoms off of bowls all over the place. He got to you?

Food looks good though.

He's a visionary!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »
For What It's Worth, I'm mostly ok with it.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 05:58:37 AM »
What a field day for the heat.
A chopped up Weber with some meat.

Works for me!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 12:07:45 PM »
I don't know about the Duplicolor engine paint, but the VHT engine color was marginal on the heat tolerance. The Yellow I used degraded at about 450 to 500, ( It was a nice color changer though going from bright Yellow to Amber with heat and back again before that) but that Rustoleum 2000 degree stuff is the best and hardest coating I have found. The flat colors look good under the 2000 degree clear, and Walmart had the stuff for around $5 a can. Clear, White, Aluminum, Red, Orange, Blue, Black, and VHT has 2000 Flameproof Yellow.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »
Cool?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 04:18:46 PM »
You have had luck with those?  All the ones I used didn't hold up....

Sent from my Moto Z force Droid

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
Yes. Sorry for the late response. The VHT flameproof and Rustoleum 2000 seem to be quite hard after curing. Nothing is going to beat porcelain however. Bakes at 250,400,and 600 for 30 min. with 30 min. cool times. The clear seemed to lose gloss after the 600 cure but I its easy to shoot another coat and leave off the 600 cure. I probably never cook at over 500. Noticed the hardness while sanding with 400 grit between experiments. Colors are not that great however. Will try and post some pictures.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »
Can you compare the outer diameter grate temps with the inner? I've always been curious.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »

Food looks good though.

That's too funny!!!!  I was giving Larry Beercan crap the other day for flooding pages with so many of his cut up weber cookers that I have come to accept it.

Awesome mods @swamprb!!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »
I like it!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
I don't know about the Duplicolor engine paint, but the VHT engine color was marginal on the heat tolerance. The Yellow I used degraded at about 450 to 500, ( It was a nice color changer though going from bright Yellow to Amber with heat and back again before that) but that Rustoleum 2000 degree stuff is the best and hardest coating I have found. The flat colors look good under the 2000 degree clear, and Walmart had the stuff for around $5 a can. Clear, White, Aluminum, Red, Orange, Blue, Black, and VHT has 2000 Flameproof Yellow.

Even on some of the Drum Smokers I've done and laid down a couple base coats of the High Temp paint, the top color Engine RED it will discolor at high temps over 450* I can gaurangawddamntee it!

But on the bowls, I really don't care too much because I rarely see it, and I'm trying to keep the rust at bay.

I have tried Red VHT and Red Stove-Brite paints and they burnt off just as easy as the Dupli-Color and they were lousy color matches at 3 x the $$$