Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ash disposal?  (Read 4391 times)

bear

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ash disposal?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 07:39:20 PM »
If you want to encourage flowers in your vege garden, spread the ash under mature plants. Great for (nightshades) tomatoes, peppers, chillies, eggplants. Also works for strawberries

Edit: lump only
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:39:09 PM by bear »

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 08:34:15 PM »
Spent lump goes in the compost/veg. garden. Spent non-lump gets spread out back in the corner near the brush pile.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 01:43:44 AM »
Overboard after a day or so.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

vinced

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 02:16:59 AM »
I also let is sit for quite a while and then into a paper bag then into the green bin.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 02:49:37 AM »
Over the fence into the neighbor's yard,

And i'm not a dickweed about it, I rotate which fence. South fence, northfence, east fence. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It will be even more fun once my ash trebuchet is finished.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Ash disposal?
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 03:55:51 AM »
Over the fence into the neighbor's yard,

And i'm not a dickweed about it, I rotate which fence. South fence, northfence, east fence. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It will be even more fun once my ash trebuchet is finished.

[emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »
I didn't know that ashes could go into the green bin so I'll have to consider doing that instead of the garbage.  They usually sit for several days before the ash catchers on the barbecues get emptied or the bottom of the smoker gets cleaned out.  Same with ash from the fireplace in my living room (every house my parents had when I was growing up had a wood burning fireplace and my own house has one; I can't imagine living in a house without one), so fire safety is something I do take very seriously; Burning Down The House is a Talking Heads song, not something I want to do for real.

As for the video, I had a good laugh.  Reminds me of the downtown Toronto condo crowd...

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 09:41:54 PM »
dump at edge of the yard.

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 05:14:11 AM »
Since they are pretty much like a powder, I just spread them at the edge of the yard.  After a few days of the dew or a rain, they're gone.

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 05:19:39 AM »
I use a small galvanized bucket with lid that I got from Home Depot.  Once they are cool, I use them to soak up the liquid from the water pan in the WSM. Or just throw them out once the bucket is full.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app